• Anthony Figures, 20, of the 1800 block of West Highland Avenue, appeared in bond court Wednesday on a felony theft charge after being arrested Aug. 19, according to court documents. Figures is charged with taking $85 worth of alcohol from Neighborhood Liquors, 805 Walnut Ave., after which a store employee followed him out and watched him set the merchandise down on the ground and leave the area. Bail was set at $10,000, of which Figures must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled Sept. 20 in St. Charles.
Contact information ( * required )
• Agnieszka Wojtowicz, 26, of the 500 block of Yorkshire Lane in Pingree Grove, was charged with attempted possession of a controlled substance and attempted possession of a controlled substance by fraud after being arrested Aug. 18 at Wal-Mart Pharmacy, 1100 S. Randall Road, according to police reports. Wojtowicz tried to get an antibiotic and a narcotic pain reliever from the pharmacy six times from July 3 to Aug. 17 and told police she has been addicted to the pain reliever since 2006, reports said. Wojtowicz has also been arrested on the same charges in Elk Grove Village and South Barrington, reports said. She is due in court Sept. 28 in Elgin.
• Diamond earrings were stolen sometime between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 19 and 6 p.m. Aug. 20 from a home in the 1700 block of Newbridge Circle, according to police reports. The earrings were appraised at $4,800. A cable installer is suspected in the theft but no charges were filed at the time of the report.
• Fernando J. Pou, 30, of the 300 block of Elm Street, was charged with possession of marijuana after being arrested at about 1 a.m. Monday at his home, according to police reports. Police first arrested Pou because of a warrant for driving with a suspended license and found less than a gram of marijuana while searching him during the arrest. Pou is due in court Oct. 5 in Elgin.
• A diamond wedding ring was stolen sometime between 9:30 a.m. Aug. 15 and the same time the following day from a home in the 1000 block of Bradford Court, according to police reports. The owner of the ring suspects carpet cleaners who came to do work in her home Aug. 15, reports said.
• Anahi Noyola, 18, of Elgin, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor after being arrested at about 11 p.m. Friday on the property of a foreclosed home in the 1200 block of Concord Drive, according to police reports. Officers found several minors in the house, which was littered with empty beer cans, reports said. Noyola is due in court Oct. 10 in Rolling Meadows.
• An Elgin woman cashed a fraudulent $3,500 check from a Wisconsin credit union June 28 and has not responded to repeated calls from the local currency exchange where cashed the check, according to a police report from July 18. Charges were not indicated in the report.
• Someone shot a BB and broke the rear window of a residence in the 36W300 block of Oak Hill Drive near West Dundee, according to a sheriff's report. The damage was reported at 11:39 a.m. Friday.