Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• The Arlington Heights Police Department Labor Day holiday enforcement campaign, which included three roadside safety checks and several DUI roving saturation patrols, resulted in the following cumulative arrests and citations: two for DUI, four for drugs, five driving while license suspended, 17 unlicensed driving; 31 uninsured motorist; six seat belt/child restraint, six speeding and 120 other miscellaneous traffic violations.
• Kathleen A. Cromar, 56, of the 1000 block of Ridgewood Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 1:50 p.m. Aug. 30 at Target, 1700 E. Rand Road, and charged with felony retail theft after she reportedly took a bathroom rug and bath items, knife set, bed trays and hand towels; value was estimated at $176. Her court date is Oct. 16. According to reports, she is on probation for a prior retail theft.
• Thieves stole a purse hidden under clothes in a customer's shopping cart at the Salvation Army resale shop, 250 W. Rand Road, between 4:20 and 5:09 p.m. Sept. 1. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves removed Purdue and Indiana State flags valued at $45 each from flagpoles in front of a residence in the 900 block of North Pine Avenue between 6-7 p.m. Sept. 1. At about the same time, two thieves were seen removing a University of Tennessee banner valued at $100 from a home on the 1000 block of North Chestnut Avenue. The thieves were described as 20-year-old white males driving an older model burgundy SUV.
• Thieves removed the catalytic converter from a black 2007 Toyota Highlander on the morning of Aug. 31 in a parking garage at 155 E. Eastman Street, and removed the catalytic converter from a white 2005 Lexus RX330 overnight Aug. 30 in a parking garage at 22 South Vail Avenue. Repair and replacement costs for the two vehicles are estimated at $3,500.
• Rodolfo Monroig, 25, of the 0-100 block of West Central Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2 a.m. Aug. 30 on the 1900 block of South Wolf Road and charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe) and texting. His court date is Oct 10. Armando Garcia, 24, of the 300 block of West Touhy Avenue, Park Ridge, was arrested and charged with illegal transportation of alcoholic beverage by a passenger.
• Thieves stole a designer purse with cellphone and four tubes of designer lipstick out of a customer's shopping cart at Jewel, 1500 S. Lee St., between 8:30 and 8:44 p.m. Aug. 29. Value was estimated at $840.
• Burglars stole a garage door opener and cold sore prescription medication out of an unlocked 2010 Nissan Xterra SUV in a driveway on the 800 block of South Golf cul-de-sac between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 29 and 7 a.m. Aug. 30. Value was estimated at $150.
• Burglars broke into a 1997 Toyota Corrola on the 700 block of Wille Road between 8 and 9:34 p.m. Aug. 29 and stole a designer purse and wallet, money, prescription eyeglasses, and designer cosmetic bag with makeup. Loss was estimated at $1,500.
Elk Grove Village
• The Elk Grove Village Police Department Labor Day holiday enforcement campaign resulted in the following cumulative arrests and citations: four for DUI, five for drugs, five driving while license suspended, 15 unlicensed driving; 18 uninsured motorist; 202 seat belt, two child restraint, six speeding and 44 miscellaneous traffic violations.
• Edwin D. Arce, 29, of the 1600 block of Chestnut Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. Aug. 28 on the 1700 block of West Dempster Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe). His court date is Sept. 28.
• Ana Blanca Castaneda-Cruz, 33, of the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. Aug. 29 at her home and charged with battery after she reportedly pulled a woman's hair during an argument at La Rosita, 1805 W. Algonquin Road. Her court date is Sept. 18.
• Sirena T. Tampa, 18, of the 200 block of West Wimbolton Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:20 p.m. Aug. 30 at Rand Road and Euclid Avenue and charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe).
• Kaloyan M. Georgiev, 29, of the 0-100 block of North Main Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 11:35 p.m. Aug. 28 at Kensington and Rand roads and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole a women's burgundy bicycle valued at $100 from an apartment balcony on the 700 block of Huntington Commons Road between Aug. 27 and 30.
• The Palatine Police Department Labor Day holiday enforcement campaign resulted in the following cumulative arrests and citations: six for DUI, three for zero tolerance DUI (under 21), one for drugs, five for driving while license suspended, revoked or unlicensed; seven for uninsured motorist; 50 seat belt/child restraint, six speeding and 32 other miscellaneous traffic violations.
• Thieves stole a yellow gym bag with iPod, a pair of gray and black shoes, and blue cellphone after the owner left the bag on the bleachers at the basketball court in Falcon Park, 2191 N. Hicks Road, between 6:30 and 7:07 p.m. Aug. 29.
• Thieves stole a gray mountain bike and lock from the bike rack at the Metra depot, 137 W. Wood St., between midnight and 10 a.m. Aug. 30. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 2004 Lexus SUV between 6:15 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. Aug. 28 and a catalytic converter from a Toyota SUV between 6:30 a.m. Aug. 31 and 10 a.m. Sept. 1, both in the Gateway parking garage, 251 W. Colfax. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Lexus convertible at Midtown Athletic Club, 1760 N. Hicks Road, between 2 and 3:51 p.m. Aug. 28 and stole a radar detector and cord and a pair of designer sunglasses. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars stole two bottles of cologne, a 12-pack of beer, loose change, two lottery tickets and three coffee mugs out of an unlocked 2006 Pontiac coupe on the 200 block of South Ashland between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 1 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 2.
• Burglars stole a guitar and radio out of an unlocked 2007 Honda pickup truck in a driveway on the 500 block of North Deer Run between 9 p.m. Aug. 30 and 4:30 a.m. Aug. 31. Value was estimated at $242.
• The Wheeling Police Department made six DUI arrests and seven other significant arrests during the recent Labor Day holiday enforcement campaign. In addition, 56 safety belt citations were written.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close