• Tyrese W. George, 25, of the 300 block of Kathleen Drive in Elgin, was arrested and later charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his room with his consent shortly before midnight Aug. 20 and found a metal smoking pipe, according to police reports. Police were speaking with George as a follow-up investigation tied to a prior offense, reports said.
• Several men tried to cash fraudulent checks Aug. 23 at The Associate Bank, 2001 Larkin Ave., according to police reports. All the checks had valid numbers but were made out to different people in different amounts by Morgan Harbour, a Chicago area general contracting company, reports said. Two men successfully cashed checks for $2,358 and $2,953 the morning of Aug. 23 and two other men had their fraudulent checks confiscated, reports said.
• Daniel E. Garcia and Christopher E. Martin, both 18, of Elgin, were arrested after a traffic stop at about 12:45 a.m. Sunday on Dixon Avenue near Saint Charles Street, according to police reports. Garcia was charged with possession of a metal smoking pipe and less than 1 gram of marijuana and Martin was charged with possession of marijuana and possession with the intent to deliver, reports said. Garcia is due in Elgin court Sept. 14 and Martin on Sept. 21.
• Someone stole $200 in cash sometime between noon and 4 p.m. Aug. 25 from a business on the 800 block of North State Street, according to police reports. One of two former employees was suspected in the burglary because a key was used to enter the building, reports said.
• An Elgin man was the victim of a robbery at about 3:30 a.m. Aug. 25 on the 300 block of South McLean Boulevard, according to police reports. The man was attacked by six men, one of whom may have had a gun and another of whom took $300 in cash from his pockets, reports said. One of the men was taken into custody after the group left in a green Mazda but no charges were listed at the time of the report.
• David E. Cornfield, 22, of the 14N500 block of Covered Bridge Road, West Dundee, was charged with domestic battery and criminal damage to property at 12:27 a.m. Aug. 25 on the 14N500 block of Covered Bridge Road near West Dundee, according to a sheriff's report.