Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Troy Michael Klees, 19, of the 4200 block of North Harvard, Arlington Heights, and a 16-year-old Lake Zurich teen were arrested around 3 a.m. Aug. 25 on Lake-Cook Road at Milwaukee Avenue and charged with possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• A woman stole all packages of two over-the-counter allergy medications from Walgreens, 1225 W. Dundee Road, around 4 p.m. Aug. 24. Later, a man returned one of the medications for a refund. The manager sent messages to all Walgreens stores in the area, and the Palatine store responded that the two subjects were in the store attempting to return the two medications.
• Vandals scratched a car in a lot t Claremont Nursing Home, 150 Weiland Road, between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Aug. 27.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti on a fence and fire hydrant on Oak Creek Drive around 10 a.m. Aug. 28.
• Thieves stole $100 out of a purse belonging to one employee and a wallet valued at $100 from a second employee in a locker room at The Best Salon, 139 N. McHenry Road, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Aug. 27.
• Thieves stole three spools of copper telephone cable from AT&T, 1391 Abbott Court, between 4 p.m. Aug. 24 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 27. Value was estimated at $1,434.
• Thieves stole a new laptop computer, leaving the empty box behind, at MNJ Technologies, 1025 Busch Parkway, between July 15 and Aug. 24.
• Vandals kicked and broke a glass panel on the front door at Simon Family Dentistry, 746 Buffalo Grove Road, between 6 p.m. Aug. 23 and 7:35 a.m. Aug. 24.
• Burglars broke a patio door lock at a home on the 2400 block of Chambourd Drive around 11:05 p.m. Aug. 24 and ransacked bedrooms, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on the tennis courts and on signs surrounding the athletic fields at Buffalo Grove High School, 1100 W. Dundee Road, between noon Aug. 25 and 2:45 p.m. Aug. 26.
• Burglars forced open the front door at a condominium on the 800 block of Weidner around 1:30 p.m. Aug. 23, ransacked rooms and stole money and several pieces of jewelry.
• Burglars broke into a car on the 900 block of McHenry Road and stole a purse between 4:50 and 5:39 p.m. Aug. 23.
• Matthew D. Kreutzer, 27, of the 1300 block of Rosita, Palatine, was arrested around 7 p.m. Aug. 24 on the 1200 block of North Williams Drive and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Vandals hit 11 mailboxes in the Delgado Drive and Lenox Lane area between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 25 and 5 a.m. Aug. 26. Some of the mailboxes were smashed, others were knocked off their posts, and some posts were broken.• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chevrolet SUV in an apartment lot on the 1200 block of North Winslowe Drive between 11 p.m. Aug. 24 and 7 a.m. Aug. 25 and tried but failed to steal a TV hidden under a towel.
• Burglars took a purse out of an unlocked 2000 Mazda sedan on the 1200 block of East Evergreen Drive between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 24 and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 25. Someone walking a dog found the purse in a front yard at another home but the driver's license, two credit cards and $20 were missing.
• A man was seen of a security videotape at McDonald's, 1476 N. Rand Road, taking a cellphone a female customer left on the table when she went to pick up her food around 5:50 p.m. Aug. 26. Value was estimated at $400.
• Burglars ransacked an apartment on the 500 block of East Spruce Drive between 11 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Aug. 25 and stole an e-reader, camera, small safe, laptop computer and jewelry. Value was estimated at $2,950.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close