• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Ismael Ortiz, 18, of the 2200 block of Birch Lane, Rolling Meadows, identified as an active Latin King gang member, was arrested around 7 p.m. Aug. 25 in a lot on the 1700 block of West Algonquin Road and charged with unlawful use/possession of a weapon after an officer reportedly found him with a 3.5- to 4-inch bladed knife in his pocket. His court date is Oct. 11.
• A man cut the security wires on three cellphones and fled the Sprint store, 720 E. Rand Road, between 4:40 and 5 p.m. Aug. 24. He was described as a male Hispanic, mid 20s, 5-foot-10, 180-200 pounds, clean shaven, buzz cut, and wearing a white T-shirt and black sweatpants. Value was estimated at $1,600. Staff received an alert about a similar offender stealing from a Sprint store in Glenview. His vehicle was described as an early 1990s Toyota Supra with black primer paint.
• Thieves removed the catalytic converter worth about $500 from a Lexus 330 SUV in a parking garage at 22 S. Vail Ave. during the day on Aug. 21.
• Thieves stole a navy blue duffle bag worth $100 containing a Samsung Galaxy II cellular phone worth $400 from the south side of ballfield four at Pioneer Park, 500 S. Fernandez, about 1 p.m. Aug. 25.
• Burglars entered an unlocked blue 2005 Chrysler Pacifica in a driveway in the 1100 block of South Belmont Avenue and removed loose change and a $20 Starbucks drink card overnight Aug 9.
• Burglars entered an unlocked silver 2008 Toyota Sienna in the alley in the 700 block of North Dunton Avenue and removed chargers worth $20 for a cellphone and GPS overnight Aug. 25.
• Burglars broke into two landscape trailers in a fenced business yard at 1022 E. North Ave. between 4:30 p.m. Aug. 24 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 25 and stole five mowers, five hedge trimmers, five leaf blowers and two edgers. Value was estimated at $45,450.
• Burglars stole a generator and power tools out of an unlocked garage on the 900 block of Warrington Road between Aug. 22 and 25. Value was estimated at $1,155.
• Burglars stole power and hand tools out of an unlocked garage on the 200 block of East Walnut Avenue between 11 p.m. Aug. 22 and 8 a.m. Aug. 24. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars pried the overhead door on a residential garage on the 900 block of Walter Avenue between midnight and 6 a.m. Aug. 16 and stole a table saw. Loss was estimated at $1,100.
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Honda Accord on the 700 block of West Wille Road between 12:15 and 1:30 p.m. Aug. 25 and stole a laptop computer. Loss was estimated at $600.
• A woman was videotaped stealing over-the-counter medications from Dominick's, 1555 Lee St., around 2 p.m. Aug. 24. She placed the items in a shopping bag and left without paying. Value was estimated at $1,134.
• Burglars stole a wallet out of a condominium on the 1100 block of Holiday Lane between 10 and 11 a.m. Aug. 24. Value was estimated at $100. The victim also reported that someone took her silver watch valued at $200, possibly during a party in her condominium Aug. 22 or 23.
• Vandals shattered the glass door on the south side of the Metra depot, 1501 Miner St., between 3 and 11:20 p.m. Aug. 25. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a boys' unlocked black and green BMX stunt bike from a rack at the YMCA, 300 E. Northwest Hwy., between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. Aug. 25. Value was estimated at $350.
• Bobby M. Taylor, 22, of the 49200 block of Paloma Drive, Belleville, Mich., was arrested around 11:20 a.m. Aug. 22 at CVS Pharmacy, 1002 S. Busse Road, and charged with attempted unlawful acquisition of a controlled substance after he reportedly used two stolen prescription sheets for a statin drug and a pain medication. A pharmacy technician suspected fraud and phoned the physician's office on the prescriptions. He discovered that the office had been closed for some time and that the prescription sheets had been stolen. Taylor's court date is Oct. 3.
• Burglars broke into six vehicles between 8 p.m. Aug. 23 and 8 a.m. Aug. 24. Offenders took money and sunglasses out of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 (loss estimated at $600). On the 1300 block of South Elmhurst Road, burglars stole a GPS unit and sunglasses out of a 2012 Toyota Prius (loss estimated at $740), a GPS unit and two pairs of sunglasses out of a 2008 Honda Accord (loss estimated at $530), a cellphone speaker and sunglasses out of a 2000 Volkswagen Rabbit (loss estimated at $270), and a GPS unit and bottle of perfume out of a 2006 Nissan Altima (loss estimated at $400). Burglars also stole a duffel bag and sunglasses out of a 2001 Toyota Sienna on the 500 block of Huntington Commons Road (loss estimated at $280).
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Ford van and stole power tools (loss estimated at $939) and stole power tools valued at $2,130 out of another 1999 Ford van in the same apartment lot on the 1900 block of West Golf Road between 7:30 p.m. Aug. 24 and 11 a.m. Aug. 25.