Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 8/28/2012 7:15 PM

Geneva house fire causes $150,000 in damage

By Paul Biasco

A fire inside a two-story Geneva home caused approximately $150,000 in damage Tuesday morning, according to fire officials.

Neighbors of the home on the 2000 block of Sheffield Lane spotted smoke coming from the roof and called 911 at 10:16 a.m.

Firefighters found visible flames coming from the back of the home and were able to contain the blaze to the second floor, officials said.

No one was home when the fire broke out, and there were no reported injuries.

Fire officials said the blaze was caused by a candle that was left burning in the home.

The damage to the structure was estimated at $100,000 and to the contents at $50,000.

St Charles, Batavia, Elburn, North Aurora, West Chicago and Fermilab fire departments assisted the Geneva department.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.