Breaking News Bar
updated: 8/28/2012 7:15 PM

Geneva house fire causes $150,000 in damage

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A fire inside a two-story Geneva home caused approximately $150,000 in damage Tuesday morning, according to fire officials.

Neighbors of the home on the 2000 block of Sheffield Lane spotted smoke coming from the roof and called 911 at 10:16 a.m.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Firefighters found visible flames coming from the back of the home and were able to contain the blaze to the second floor, officials said.

No one was home when the fire broke out, and there were no reported injuries.

Fire officials said the blaze was caused by a candle that was left burning in the home.

The damage to the structure was estimated at $100,000 and to the contents at $50,000.

St Charles, Batavia, Elburn, North Aurora, West Chicago and Fermilab fire departments assisted the Geneva department.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here