• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Jaime Salgado, 29, of the 5200 block of West Roscoe Street, Chicago, was arrested around 1:10 p.m. Aug. 15 on the 800 block of Howard Avenue and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana and disobeying a stop sign. His court date is Sept. 6.
• Johnny L. Salgado, 25, of the 800 block of McHenry Road, Wheeling, was arrested around 3:45 a.m. Aug. 18 in the alley behind a tavern at 1492 E. Miner St. and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana. According to reports, a bouncer for the tavern waved down an officer and told him a patron had locked his keys in a car. The officer found a clear plastic bag with marijuana inside the car.
• Mario Chavez, 26, of the 7500 block of South Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, and Armando Corral, 23, of the 1800 block of Pepoose, Carpentersville, were arrested around 6:55 p.m. Aug. 17 in a parking lot at 782 W. Oakton St. and charged with local ordinance battery after they fought over a parking space. Their court date is Sept. 24.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and phone charging cord out of an unlocked 1995 Nissan 200SX on the 900 block of North Avenue between July 31 and Aug. 16. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals scratched a 2004 Volvo SUV, 2006 Mercedes S430 sedan, 2006 BMW SUV, and 2005 Nissan XTerra in a sales lot at Metro Auto Traders, 600 Northwest Hwy., between 6 a.m. and 7:53 p.m. Aug. 15. Damage was estimated at $4,000.
• Vandals used a black marker to write graffiti on an interior wall at the Metra depot, 1501 E. Miner St., between 4:52 a.m. Aug. 13 and 4:33 a.m. Aug. 15.
• Burglars stole a wallet with money, credit cards and ID out of an apartment on the 1500 block of East Ashland Avenue between Aug. 2 and 16. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a sliver BMX bike parked unlocked in a rack at the library, 1501 E. Ellinwood St., between 4:40 and 4:49 p.m. Aug. 17. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole an amplifier valued at $200 out of an unlocked 2001 Ford party bus and broke the front passenger's-side window on a 2007 Ford party bus and shot three BB-gun pellets into the windshield on a 2006 Lincoln stretch limousine, in the same lot at 825 Seegers Road between 9 p.m. Aug. 13 and 10 a.m. Aug. 14. Damage was estimated at $425.
• Nicholas J. Krumpolz, 18, of the 900 block of South Edward Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. Aug. 16 at Rand Road and Wedgewood Lane and charged with local ordinances possession of drug paraphernalia and underage consumption of alcohol. Officers reportedly saw him walking on the Rand Road median and smelled alcohol on his breath and found a marijuana pipe in his pocket. His court date is Sept. 5.
• Ronald L. Hess, 30, of the 1000 block of Stonehedge Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 12:40 p.m. Aug. 14 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took merchandise valued at $274. His court date is Sept. 28. He also was wanted on a bond forfeiture warrant out of Elk Grove Village.
• Henry Becerril, 18, of the 1400 block of South Busse Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested in an apartment complex on the 1700 block of West Victoria Drive around 4 p.m. Aug. 17 and charged with unlawful contact with street gang member after an officer reportedly saw Becerril talking to a known gang member. Becerril was on court supervision after an earlier conviction and was ordered to avoid contact with gang members. His court date is Sept. 18.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $2,000 out of an unlocked 2012 Acura TL in an underground garage on the 100 block of South Emerson Street between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 16.
• Thieves stole a generator valued at $1,000 out of a locked yard at a home on the 1700 block of Cree Lane between Aug. 14 and 16. The thieves also stole the lock.