• A copper bar worth up to $4,000 was stolen between 5 and 6 a.m. Aug. 15 from Elgin Recycling, 1615 Dundee Ave., according to police reports. The offenders were caught on camera and believed to be employees of the business, reports said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Charles M. Loury, 32, of the 1400 block of South Tenth Avenue in Maywood, appeared in bond court Tuesday on a felony charge of acting deceptively by paying for $225 worth of merchandise March 2 at Hobby Lobby with a check drawn from an account he knew had no money in it, according to court documents and police reports. Police arrested Loury Monday. Bail was set at $10,000, of which Loury must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Aug. 29 in St. Charles.
• Anthony C. Jones-Johnson, 24, of Elgin, was arrested and later cited with possession of marijuana after being approached by police while loitering just before 10 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 200 block of Center Street. Jones-Johnson was found with about 5 grams of the drug, reports said. He is due in court Sept. 10 in Elgin.
• Randy L. Clark, 26, of Elgin, was arrested and later cited with possession of 1 gram of marijuana after a traffic stop at about 10:30 p.m. Monday near North State Street and Highland Avenue, according to police reports. Clark was riding in a friend's vehicle when police stopped them for changing lanes without signaling, reports said. Clark is due in court at 9 a.m. Sept. 7 in Elgin.
• Christopher R. Kaminski, 33, of Cary, was arrested and later charged with possession of a controlled substance -- half of a gram of heroin -- after a traffic stop at about 6:45 p.m. Aug. 8 0n the 900 block of Congdon Avenue, according to police reports. Officers also found four syringes and a metal spoon in the vehicle, reports said. Kaminski was charged with driving with a revoked license and littering.
• A resident of the 100 block of Skyline Drive near Carpentersville reported on Aug. 7 that someone had opened up an unauthorized cable account and ran up a $712 bill from August 2011 through November 2011, according to a sheriff's report.
• Paul J. Alvarado, 23, of the 0-99 block of Sweetbriar Court, South Elgin, was arrested and charged with driving while license suspended and failure to report as a violent child offender, a felony, after a traffic stop at 3:23 a.m. Sunday at Martin Drive and Spring Street near North Aurora, according to a sheriff's report.