• Meet author Lisa A. Tortorello as she signs copies of her books "The Moose at the Manger" and "My Hero, My Ding" from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, at the Huntley Art Fest, at Church and Main streets, Huntley. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Meet Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Julia Keller as she reads from and signs copies of her debut novel, "A Killing in the Hills," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Three best-selling writers of young-adult paranormal fiction will be on hand for an author event at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21, at the Skokie Public Library, 5215 Oakton St., Skokie. Meet Kendare Blake ("Girl of Nightmares"), Lisa Desrochers ("Last Rite") and Marta Acosta ("Dark Companion"). The authors will each discuss, read from and sign copies of their works. The event is designed for girls ages 12 and older who enjoy spooky, gothic tales, and it is sponsored by The Book Stall at Chestnut Court in Winnetka. Free and open to the public. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• The Book Stall at Chestnut Court hosts Chicago-based authors M. Molly Backes ("The Princess of Iowa") and T.M. Goeglein ("Cold Fury") at the "End of Summer Teen Pizza Party" at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22. The two authors will discuss their books, answer questions from the audience and sign copies of their novels. Some teen book reviewers will be on hand to recommend new books, and pizza will be served. Prizes and giveaways are also featured. The event is designed for teen literature fans, ages 12 and older. Free and open to the public. Registration is required. Call (847) 446-8880 or register in person at The Book Stall. Visit thebookstall.com.
• New York Times best-selling author Debbie Macomber reads from and signs copies of her latest book, "The Inn at Rose Harbor," at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "One Last Thing Before I Go" author Jonathan Tropper reads from and signs copies of his new book at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.