Breaking News Bar
updated: 8/13/2012 7:33 AM

Norway: Report blasts police response to massacre

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

OSLO, Norway -- A Norwegian commission has criticized authorities for failing to take actions that could have prevented or interrupted the bomb and gun attacks by a far-right fanatic that killed 77 people last year.

The long-awaited report into the July 22 attacks also said the domestic intelligence service could have done more to track down the gunman, but stopped short of saying it could have stopped him.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Anders Behring Breivik has admitted to the bombing of the government's headquarters in Oslo and the subsequent shooting spree at a youth camp, and is awaiting sentencing.

Monday's report said the bombing "could have been prevented" if already adopted security measures had been implemented more effectively.

It also said a more rapid police response could have stopped the shooting spree on Utoya island earlier.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here