• Natalie N. Teruel, 34, of Sugar Lane, Sugar Grove, was arrested Saturday on a warrant charging her with felony aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol and obstructing justice, according to a police report. At 10:05 p.m. May 20, there was a single-vehicle crash on Route 56 west of Galena Boulevard. Police said they couldn't find a driver or passengers, but later found Teruel walking away from the site. Police said she told them she was a passenger. Police say she was the driver, had a suspended driver's license, and a blood-alcohol level in excess of the legal threshold of .08.
Contact information ( * required )
Teruel is also charged with driving with a suspended license, misdemeanor DUI, and improper lane use. A judge set bail Aug. 8 at $20,000 and she was being held in the Kane County jail.
• Four bundles of stainless steel were stolen between 3 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 p.m. Sunday from C&F Forge, 1243 N. Kirk Road, police said.
• Eric J. Sutphin, 24, of the 2300 block of Nan Street in Aurora, was charged with disorderly conduct at 6:32 p.m. Sunday at McDonald's, 125 W. Wilson St., according to a police report.
• A bird cage containing $2,000 in wedding gift cash was stolen out of a vehicle on the 1300 block of Green Pheasant Lane, it was reported at 3:59 p.m. Friday, police said.
• Beatriz Puga, 32, of the 100 block of Bangs Street on Aurora, was charged with retail theft at 4:27 p.m. Thursday, according to a police report. She is accused of taking four pieces of clothing from Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road.
• A vehicle on the 300 block of Hamlet Street was burglarized, it was reported at 6:01 p.m. Thursday, police said.
• Two women's bicycles -- one light blue, the other burgundy -- were stolen out of a garage on the 800 block of Norcross Drive, it was reported at 7:15 p.m. Thursday, police said.
• A sculpture made out of bike wheels was destroyed on the 0-99 block of South River Street, it was reported at 4:59 a.m. Friday, police said.
• Someone knocked down a business sign at Webster and River streets, it was reported at 5:19 a.m. Friday, police said.
• A red 22-inch mountain bicycle was stolen off a sidewalk between 7 and 8 p.m. Thursday on the 3100 block of Husking Peg Lane. The victim reported seeing the bicycle in the bed of a scrap metal collector's truck, police said.
• A sexual predator has been charged with unlawful loitering in a public park. Paul C. Dodds, 37, of the 0N500 block of Fieldstone Lane, was reported July 16; the alleged offense occurred between April 1 and May 31 at Eagle Brook Park, 1915 Bent Tree Drive, according to a police report. According to the state's Illinois Sex Offender Information registry, Dodds was convicted of a child pornography-related charge in Cook County.
• Byron J. Roe, 19, of the 100 block of Josephine Avenue in South Elgin, appeared in bond court Monday on misdemeanor charges of trespass to vehicle, damage to property and violation of a domestic violence bail bond, according to court documents. Roe is charged with entering a housemate's vehicle and damaging a gas can inside of it as well as returning to the house within 72 hours of his release from jail, violating conditions of his domestic violence bond. Bail was set at $10,000 for the violations to his bond conditions, of which he must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled Wednesday in St. Charles. Roe must pay 10 percent of the $5,000 bail for the other two charges, for which he is scheduled to appear Aug. 27 in St. Charles.