• Young-adult authors Amanda Hocking and Julie Cross team up for an author event at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville, at 123 W. Jefferson Ave. Hocking will read from and sign copies of "Wake," while Cross reads from and signs copies of her latest title, "Tempest." (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Jon Mundy, author of the book "Living a Course in Miracles," will conduct two workshop services titled "I'm Nobody, Who are You? On the Mythology of Self" at 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 12, at Unity Northwest Church, 259 E. Central Road, Des Plaines. The services will be followed by a workshop, based on Mundy's book, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. A freewill offering will be taken at the services. The suggested minimum donation for the workshop is $25, but no one will be turned away. For information, call (847) 297-0997 or visit unitynorthwest.org.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet "The Orphanmaster" author Jean Zimmerman as she discusses and signs copies of her debut novel at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Author Carrie Goldman discusses and signs her book, "Bullied: What Every Parent, Teacher and Kid Needs to Know About Ending the Cycle of Fear," at 7 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 14, at Barnes and Noble -- Old Orchard, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. (847) 676-2230 or barnesandnoble.com.
• Barnes and Noble in Arlington Heights, in The Annex of Arlington Shopping Center, 13 W. Rand Road, welcomes three authors for a book-signing event from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16. Heidi R. May signs copies of her book "Touched By the Grace of God." Andrew Thies signs his book, "This Book Will Pay for Itself," and Joan Wester Anderson signs several of her book titles, including het latest work, "Mom Knows Best." (847) 259-5304 or barnesandnoble.com.