• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars stole two gas-powered 1/5 scale black and white pickup trucks and a camera mounted on the roof of one truck and a tool bag with transmitters for the trucks and tools out of a garage on the 1000 block of South Second Avenue between 8 p.m. Aug. 2 and 2:15 p.m. Aug. 5. Value was estimated at $5,400. Burglars also stole saws, grinders and hand tools out of a garage and out of an unlocked pickup truck on the same block between 3 p.m. Aug. 3 and 9 a.m. Aug. 4. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Chevrolet Express van in a driveway on the 600 block of West Millers Road between 11 p.m. Aug. 4 and 7 a.m. Aug. 5 and stole a nailer, saws, compressor, tool bag and tools. Loss was estimated at $1,950.
• Krzysztof D. Semik, 20, of the 300 block of West Walnut Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. Aug. 1 on the 1300 block of South Lee Street and charged with city ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Sept. 7.
• Burglars stole a postal carrier's wallet out of his unlocked mail truck while he delivered mail at Ida and Perry streets between 1:45 and 2 p.m. July 31. Value was estimated at $150. Offenders used the victim's credit card at a 7-Eleven, reports added.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and 20 music CDs out of an unlocked 1998 Ford Windstar van on the 800 block of Hollywood Avenue between 11 p.m. Aug. 1 and 7 a.m. Aug. 2. Value was estimated at $175.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer valued at $500 from a desk on the third floor of the library, 1501 E. Ellinwood St., between 4:50 and 4:55 p.m. Aug. 2. The owner left it to use the washroom and discovered it missing when he returned. Value was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a stop sign and metal pole for northbound First Avenue at Woodlawn Aug. 5. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a green 1999 Honda Civic sedan on the 1600 block of Thacker between 8 p.m. Aug. 3 and 8 a.m. Aug. 4.
• Cory T. Stilwell, 19, of the 2300 block of South Colony Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 10:45 p.m. July 22 at his home and charged with felony burglary to motor vehicle. Police reports said witnesses saw him burglarize an unlocked Dodge Intrepid in the apartment building parking lot. Officers found him in his bedroom with a book, lighter, scissors, and stereo remote, reportedly stolen out of the Dodge. Value was estimated at $100. A witness saw him toss the victim's wallet from the apartment stairs, reports added. His court date is Aug. 15.
• Helen Breidenbach, 50, of the 500 block of Huntington Commons Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:05 p.m. Aug. 2 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with felony retail theft after she reportedly took a watch and two gold bracelets; value was estimated at $170. Her court date is Aug. 22.
• Vandals scratched the front and rear driver's-side doors on a 2012 Ford Escape in an apartment lot on the 2300 block of Lexington Drive between 5 p.m. Aug. 1 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 2. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a gas grill outside an apartment on the 1700 block of West Palm Drive between 7:20 and 7:34 p.m. Aug. 5. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals damaged and removed a kitchen window screen and dented the window frame at a home on the 1800 block of Wood Lane between 6 and 10 p.m. Aug. 3. The victim's shovel was lying on the grass near the window, reports added. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a boys' black BMX bike parked unlocked next to the management building in an apartment complex on the 1800 block of West Golf Road around 5 p.m. Aug. 1. Value was estimated at $400.
• Vandals put a 2-foot-wide dent in the rear driver's-side door and a scratch around the entire car on a 2007 Chevrolet Impala in a lot on the 1200 block of Boxwood Drive between 9:30 p.m. July 30 and 6 a.m. July 31. Damage was estimated at $1,000.