Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Two male teens were seen getting out of a dark blue car at Carousel Park, 1901 E. Suffield, between 2:45 and 3 p.m. July 28 and tossing two plastic water bottles into the park. The bottles exploded as the teens drove away. There was no report of damage.
• Someone took two white gold diamond rings out of an unlocked locker at Xsport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 8:30 and 9:15 p.m. July 25 after the female victim left them there by mistake when she took her belongings after exercising. Another visitor used the locker; that woman took her belongings and fled quickly after an announcement asking the woman who was using that locker to meet an employee. Value was estimated at $2,317.
• Burglars stole two designer purses, a designer wallet, designer checkbook cover, two pairs of designer sunglasses, prescription eyeglasses, gift cards, and money out of a 2007 Land Rover in the underground public garage, 35 S. Evergreen, between 7 and 10 p.m. July 26. Value was estimated at $4,600.
• Thieves stole a go-cart out of the backyard at a home on the 4200 block of North Yale Avenue between July 20 and 29. Tire tracks were seen on the grass between where the go-cart had been parked and the street. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Vandals broke two metal posts on plastic web fencing around a dig site at Cross and Crown Lutheran Church, 1122 W. Rand Road, between 10:30 p.m. July 25 and 6:30 a.m. July 26. Vandals also had bent some of the metal posts on July 24, reports said.
• Vandals broke two lawn lights at one home and one lawn light at a second home on the 1400 block of South Yale Avenue around 7 p.m. July 27. Damage was estimated at $90.
• Thieves stole a silver and black gas grill out of the backyard at a home on the 700 block of East Waverly Street between 7 p.m. July 26 and 3 p.m. July 27. Value was estimated at $700.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze in a hotel lot at 75 W. Algonquin Road between 8 p.m. July 25 and noon July 26 and stole a GPS unit. Loss was estimated at $488.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chevrolet Express van in an apartment lot on the 2400 block of North Kennicott Drive between 7 p.m. July 28 and 5:30 a.m. July 29 and stole rugs.
• Vandals bent a window well cover and smashed the basement window at a home on the 4200 block of Salem Drive between July 15 and 27.
• A witness saw a male, 16-20 years old, get out of a silver SUV at a home on the 1600 block of North Chicago Avenue around 12:15 a.m. July 27, puncture the rear passenger's-side tire on a 2004 Toyota RAV4, and drive away in the SUV.
• Vandals smashed the rear passenger's-side window on a Chevrolet Malibu in an apartment lot on the 300 block of East Seegers Road between 1 and 3:30 a.m. July 29.
• Vandals pulled the handle from a driver's-side door on a 2007 Chevrolet Impala and scratched the front passenger's-side quarter panel and door on a 2009 Nissan Rogue in a lot at Arlington Park racetrack, 2200 W. Euclid Ave., between noon and 8:30 p.m. July 27.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close