Friday's triple-digit temperatures contributed to buckling on more suburban roads, state officials said.
In total, about 30 roads have buckled in the last two weeks on the state highway system, according to Guy Tridgell, a spokesman with the Illinois Department of Transportation.
The latest pavement failures, reported Friday afternoon and evening by state and local officials, occurred at:
• Lake Street/Route 20 eastbound between Medinah and Swift roads in Addison.
• Lake Street/Route 20 at Route 59 in Bartlett.
• Higgins Road/Route 72 at Rock Road Drive in East Dundee.
• Grand Avenue/Route 132 at O'Plaine Road in Gurnee.
• Golf Road/Route 58 at Meier Road in Mount Prospect.
• Algonquin Road/Route 62 westbound at Roselle Road in Palatine.
• Quentin Road southbound at Algonquin Road in Rolling Meadows.
• Route 59 at Smith Road in Wayne.
Most of those roads are the responsibility of IDOT, which dispatched maintenance crews Friday to make the necessary repairs, officials said. Repairs typically take a few hours to complete.