On June 25, Lombard Village President William J. Mueller and Village Clerk Brigitte O'Brien released the minutes from the Lombard Village Board of Trustees Action of June 21, 2012 Board Meeting.
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
Contact information ( * required )
• A proclamation was read by Village Clerk Brigitte O Brien recognizing TLC Camp, which is sponsored by the Lombard Junior Women's Club.
Ordinances Approved With the Waiver of First Reading as Requested
• 211 West St. Charles Road - Downtown Lombard Sprinkler Park. Authorizing a First Amendment to an Intergovernmental Redevelopment Agreement between the Village of Lombard and the Lombard Park District in regard to the Downtown TIF District and the development, operation and maintenance of a Sprinkler Park and authorizing the leasing of Village-owned property within said Downtown TIF District.
• Adoption of the most current Prevailing Wages for Public Works projects for DuPage County for June 2012.
• Amending the Lombard Village Code increasing the number of Public Passenger Licenses and assigning a license to The One Taxi, Inc.
• Amending the Lombard Village Code decreasing the Class "A/B-II" liquor license by one due to the closure of J. Riley's American Cafe, 801 E. Roosevelt Road.
• Recommendations to adopt the current version of DuPage Countywide Stormwater and Floodplain ordinance and DuPage County's General Certificates for Permitting, and to amend Village Code Section 151.55 to lower the threshold for stormwater detention to 5,000 square feet.
Ordinances on Second Reading
• Text amendments to the Zoning and Sign Ordinances relative to fencing materials, permitted encroachments and balloons.
• Recommendation from the Environmental Concerns Committee to amend Village Code to allow gardens on vacant parcels.
• Increasing the Class "C" liquor license category to reflect the issuance of a liquor license to Noodles & Company, 342 Yorktown Shopping Center.
• Downtown Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District, authorizing the signatures of the Village President and Clerk on a First Amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Lombard and all Taxing Districts affected by the Lombard Downtown TIF District pertaining to distribution of surplus revenues.
• Authorizing a revised Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Lombard and the Lombard Park District regarding Maintenance Projects.
• Authorizing a revised Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Lombard and the Lombard Park District regarding the 2012 Showmobile.
• Authorizing a revised Intergovernmental Agreement between the Village of Lombard and the Lombard Park District regarding modifications to Terrace View Pond.
• FY2012 Cracksealing Program, Final Balancing Change Order No. 2 reflecting a decrease to the contract with SKC Construction in the amount of $2,339.96.
• FY2012 Concrete Rehabilitation & Utility Cuts, Final Balancing Change Order No. 2 reflecting a decrease to the contract with G&M Cement Construction in the amount of $1,129.42.
• FY2012 Concrete Driveway, Apron and Sidewalk Restoration, Final Balancing Change Order No. 3, reflecting a decrease to the contract with Strada Construction, Inc. in the amount of $1,010.65.
• FY2012 Sewer Televising and Cleaning Program, Final Balancing Change Order No. 3 reflecting a decrease to the contract with Pirtano Construction Company in the amount of $18,945.58.
• FY2012B Concrete Rehabilitation & Utility Cuts Patching, Change Order No. 1 reflecting an increase to the contract with G&M Cement Construction in the amount of $130,870.00.
• FY2012B Driveway Apron, Curb & Sidewalk Restoration Program, Change Order No. 1 reflecting an increase to the contract with Kings Point General Cement, Inc. in the amount of $57,028.00.
• FY2012 Traffic Signal Maintenance Program, Final Balancing Change Order No. 2 reflecting an increase to the contract with Meade Electric in the amount of $9,059.07.
• First Amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement with York Township regarding Route 53 and Madison Street approved. Agreement is to provide for the paving of incorporated sections of 14th and School Streets in the York Co-op and further modifying the funding of the improvements in the unincorporated sections of Madison Street.
• Lift Station Improvements, Phase 1, Final Balancing Change Order No. 2 reflecting an increase to the contract with Thorne Electric, Inc. in the amount of $9,180.75.
• Contract for Social Services Program authorizing the Village Manager to sign an Agreement with the Association for Individual Development (AID) to provide a Social Services Program for the Village of Lombard.
• Request for concurrence in the appointment of the Fire Chief as the Emergency Management Coordinator for the Village of Lombard.
Other Matters Approved
• Award of a bid to Brothers Asphalt Paving, Inc., the lowest responsible bid of four bidders, in the amount of $1,209,693.76 for FY2012B asphalt paving and patching program.
• Request for a waiver of bids and approval to exercise an option to renew a contract with Rickman Contract Services for Water Meter Reading Services in an amount not to exceed $33,570.00 for FY2012B and $57,550.00 for FY2013.
• Request for a waiver of bids and award of a contract to John Neri Construction Company, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $75,000.00 for emergency water and sewer repairs.
• Award of a contract to Duke's Root Control, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $50,000.00 for sewer root control for FY2012B and $50,000.00 for FY2013.
• Award of contract to DAS Enterprises, Inc. for debris hauling and disposal in an amount not to exceed $55,500.00.
• Accept the withdrawal of the bid from ATP Enterprise Group, reject all bids for the Carriage House Addition project and waive the competitive bidding process to allow staff to solicit proposals.
• Decline the use of CDBG grant funds for the Village Hall ADA Enhancement Project.
• Award of a contract to Aljer Construction in the amount of $209,528.00 for the Carriage House addition.
• Request from the AAUW to place temporary banners on Village owned properties for the promotion of their Used Book Sale Program from July 16 through August 11, 2012.
• Request for the use of public rights-of-way and public property for the display of temporary directional signs associated with the Taste of Lombard.
• Motion approving a Plat of Easement for sanitary sewer on the properties located at 1745 and 1775 S. Fairfield Avenue.
• 2210 & 2220 Fountain Square Drive (Sunrise Senior Living) had the following signatures authorized: 30-day waiver notice, Assignment and Assumption Agreement and an Estoppel Certificate.
• Approval of a one-lot major plat of subdivision and reduction of filing fee from $450 to $125 for 137 N. Elizabeth St.
• Ratification of a contract with Exelon Energy Company for the provision of electrical energy for the Village of Lombard street lighting.
Items For Separate Action
Resolutions Approved with a Waiver of First
• No appropriation for the Series 2005-A debt service shortfall.
• Creation of the Lombard Hotel and Conference Center Ad Hoc Committee, request for consideration of committee member appointments and appointment of a Chairperson.
• Authorization of the transfer of title of surplus real estate and approving a contract for the sale of 502 South Westmore-Meyers Road.
Other Matters Approved
• Adoption of the 2013 Village of Lombard Strategic Plan.
• Options for Trustee Redistricting as a result of the 2010 Census results. Meeting will be held Thursday, July 12 at 7 p.m. to finalize maps.
Agenda Items for Discussion
• Presentation was given by Chuck Riforgiate to provide an overview of the current Fire and Life Safety programs recently delivered to our public and private schools for the 2011/2012 school years.
Village Board meetings are held on the first and third Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Village Hall Board Room at 255 E. Wilson Ave.
Village Board meetings are broadcast live on Comcast Channel 6 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 99.
Please visit our web site at www.villageoflombard.org to view the Board Meeting on streaming video or for additional Village news.
Please contact Joelyn Kott, Communications Coordinator, at 630-620-5718 for any questions.