These temporary residential street restrictions are necessary to ensure that spectators will be able to enter and leave the Madison Meadow Park area with a minimum of delay and hazard. This 4th of July marks the 38th time the fireworks display has been held in Madison Meadow Park. The Lombard Police Department hopes that this parking system will enable clearing of both vehicular and pedestrian congestion within a short time after the display ends. Violators will be towed at their expense.
Members of the Lombard Police Department will maintain crowd control within Madison Meadow Park throughout the duration of the event. Officers will be stationed at strategic intersections to assist in traffic and crowd control both before and after the fireworks display. The Fire Department will post a rescue ambulance and one of its fire trucks inside the park to handle injuries or fire situations during the time of the fireworks event.
Contact information ( * required )
Chief of Police Raymond Byrne stated, "The Police Department will vigorously enforce all state and Village laws and, in particular, the use of firecrackers and drinking in the park." Byrne urged all residents to be cautious of the dangers of fireworks and to be concerned for the safety of all.
In addition, the parking restrictions will be in effect for the entire Taste of Lombard Festival starting at 5 p.m., July 3 and ending at 11 p.m., July 7. Byrne also advised residents to comply with the parking restrictions.
The parking restrictions for the Taste of Lombard are as follows:
• Grace - West side from Wilson to Madison
• LaLonde - West side from Wilson to Washington
• Fairfield -- East side from Central to S. Broadway
• Fairfield & Madison (No parking within 25 feet of intersection on West and
East side of Fairfield at corner of Madison)
• Edgewood - East side from Madison to S. Broadway
• Lewis - West side from Madison to S. Broadway
• Lodge - East side from Madison to S. Broadway
• Chase - West side from Madison to S. Broadway
• Highland - East side from Madison to S. Broadway
• Ahrens - West side from Madison to Division
• School - East side from Madison to S. Broadway
• School - West side from Lombard Circle to Ahrens
• Ahrens - East side from Lombard Circle to Madison
• Lombard Circle - West side
• Chase - West side from Lilac Way to Bradley Lane
• Chase Court - (Tow Zone)
• Lodge - West side from Lilac Way to Bradley Lane
• Bradley Lane -- East side from Lilac Way to Chase (Tow Zone)
• Lilac Way -- South side from Bradley Lane to Lodge
• Magnolia -- North side from Cherry to Lilac Way
• Hawthorne -- North side from Cherry to Lombard Circle
• Washington -- North side from Westmore to Grace
• Harding -- North side from Fairfield to Lombard
• Harrison -- North side from Fairfield to Grace
• Taylor -- North side from Fairfield to Grace
• Edgewood - East side from Central to Wilson
• Lewis - East side from Michelle to Wilson
• Cherry - East side from Magnolia to Fairview
• Apple - West side from Wilson to Fairview
• Fairview - East side from Wilson to Norton
• Madison -- South side from Edgewood to Ahrens (Tow Zone)
• East South Broadway -- South side from Grace to Lodge
• Michelle Lane (North side) from Cherry to Lewis.