• Carlos J. Romero Alfaro, 21, of the 600 block of South 11th Street, St. Charles, was charged with felony aggravated reckless driving, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, speeding and failure to reduce speed after he struck a tree at about 10:23 p.m. Friday in the 7N0-99 block of Riverside Drive near St. Charles with a BMW 325ix, according to a sheriff's report. Authorities found a beer bottle in the car. Alfaro said the vehicle's steering locked and brakes went out.
Contact information ( * required )
• A $500 Felt dirt bike was reported stolen from a shed in the 34W800 block of Skyline Drive near St. Charles on April 10, according to a sheriff's report. The bike was last seen March 30.
• Someone pried open the front door of a home in the 48W700 block of Chandelle Drive near Hampshire between 8 a.m. and 7:50 p.m. April 11 and stole jewelry and damaged several house plants, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone stole $50 from an unlocked Honda minivan in the 7N400 block of Wagontime Road near St. Charles between 1 and 8 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 45W0-99 block of Ramm Road near Maple Park reported April 7 that someone made two charges totaling $100 using their debit at a Mobil gas station in Virginia, according to a sheriff's report.