• John S. Hernandez, 45, of the 0-99 block of Oak Creek Court in North Aurora, was charged at 12:59 a.m. Friday with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to signal, squealing tires, speeding, improper lane use, obstructing a peace officer, possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. Police stopped him at Wilson and Water streets.
• Someone stole a motocross-style Haro F2 bicycle between 9:45 and 10:10 a.m. Thursday off a rack at Rotolo Middle School, 1501 S. Raddant Road. The bicycle has a red frame, black handlebars and purple grips, police said.
• A purse was stolen at Subway, 324 E. Wilson St., and the owner's debit Visa card was used to make $525 worth of purchases at a Walgreens, Panera Bread and Jewel-Osco in Batavia and a supermarket in Aurora, it was reported to police at 9:11 p.m. Thursday.
• A resident of the 100 block of Pitz Lane reported to police at 9:43 a.m. Wednesday that they were unable to file their federal tax return because somebody else had used their Social Security number to file a fraudulent return.
• An unlocked 26-inch black Schwinn boys bicycle was stolen between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at Rotolo Middle School, 1501 S. Raddant Road, police said.
• A resident of an apartment in the 1200 block of East Wilson Street reported at 7 p.m. Wednesday that a man tried to break into their apartment through a bedroom window, but left when he realized someone was home. According to a police report, the suspect is described as a tall dark-skinned black man, about 35 years old, with short hair, who was wearing a gray T-shirt and black pants.
• Vandals wielding pellet guns damaged four vehicles between 10:30 p.m. March 31 and 7 a.m. Monday, police said. The vehicles were in the 1100 block of Ashbury Court (parked on a side drive off Country Squire Drive), the 1600 block of Country Squire Drive and the 1600 block of Keim Circle.
• Someone pulled the plastic cover off the front bumper of a vehicle between 11 p.m. March 29 and 9 a.m. March 31 in the 900 block of Longmeadow Drive.
• Someone set a metal folding chair on fire and threw it on to a ramp at the skate park at 1776 South St at 5:16 p.m. Sunday, police said.
• Kara R. Blake, 37, of the 100 block of Whittington Course in St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane use and illegal transportation of alcohol, at 8:18 p.m. March 21 in the 800 block of West State Street, according to a police report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close