Looking for a Brunch with the Bunny or a fast-paced egg hunt? You'll find plenty of Easter fun among the events happening over the next several weeks throughout DuPage County. Here's a sampling:
This is the deadline to register for the Great Egg Scramble, set for 9 to 10 a.m. and 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 31, at Cosley Zoo, 1356 N. Gary Ave., Wheaton. Children ages 2-10 are divided into age groups to look for eggs and trinkets. Cost: $12 for Wheaton Park District residents, $15 for others. Info: wheatonparkdistrict.com.
Adults 18 and older can search for hundreds of hidden eggs containing candy and coupons for local businesses during the Itasca Park District's free Adult Eggstravaganza at 8 p.m. in Washington Park, Irving Park and Bloomingdale roads. Bring a flashlight; free baby-sitting available. Info: (630) 773-2257 or itascaparkdistrict.com.
Dogs hunt for plastic eggs filled with treats from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Centennial Park, 1776 W. Centennial Place, Addison. Handlers must be 16 or older. Info: (630) 833-0100.
• Little chefs create and sample treats at Bloomingdale Park District's Breakfast with the Bunny Cook-Off from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave. Info: (630) 529-3650 or bloomingdaleparks.org.
• Winfield Park District's Flashlight Egg Hunt begins with a hunt for children ages 3 to 5 at 8 p.m. at Lions Park, 27W636 Beecher. Subsequent hunts are at 8:15 p.m. for students in kindergarten through second grade and at 8:30 p.m. for students in grades three through five. Each participant receives a glowstick; bring a flashlight and a basket or bag to hold eggs. Cost: $4 residents, $5 for others in advance; $5 and $6 the day of the event. Info: (630) 653-3811 or winfieldparkdistrict.com.
• Kids make individual bunny- and egg-shaped pizzas during Villa Park Recreation's Pizza with the Bunny from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Iowa Community Center, 338 N. Iowa. While waiting for the pizzas to cook, children decorate cookies to eat later. Bring a camera for pictures with the bunny. Cost: $12, $9 for each additional sibling. Register: (630) 834-8970.
• Register by March 30 for a Flashlight Egg Hunt for kids ages 9 to 14, set for 9 p.m. sharp Thursday, April 5, at the Lisle Community Park Bandshell, 1825 Short St. Cost: $7 for residents and $10 for others. Info: lisleparkdistrict.org or (630) 964-3410.
• Register by March 30 for Brunch with the Bunny for families with children ages 5 to 12, set for 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 7, at White Pines Banquet Hall, 500 W. Jefferson St., Bensenville. Cost: $15 per child for residents and $20 per child for others; $10 for adults. Info: (630) 766-7015.
• Kids ages 10 to 15 search for eggs filled with candy and prizes during the Itasca Park District's Eggstreme Teen Night at 8 p.m. at Washington Park, Irving Park and Bloomingdale roads. Free. Info: (630) 773-2257 or itascaparkdistrict.com.
Children ages 18 to 36 months can search for signs of bunnies, play games, listen to a story and make a fuzzy bunny craft during Bunny Hop from 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. Saturday, March 31, and Wednesday, April 4, at Morton Arboretum's Thornhill Outpost, 4100 Route 53, Lisle. Cost: $22, with discounts for arboretum members. Register: mortonarb.org/education or (630) 719-2468.
• An egg hunt for ages 1 to 10 begins at 10 a.m. sharp at Lisle Park District's Community Park, 1825 Short St. Arrive 15 minutes early to check in. Cost: $7 for residents, $10 for others. Info: lisleparkdistrict.org or (630) 964-3410.
• The Addison Kiwanis pancake breakfast is from 8 to 11:30 a.m. at the Community Recreation Center, 120 E. Oak St., Addison. The event includes an all-you-can-eat breakfast, as well as the Addison Park District's annual egg hunt for children 10 and younger at 10:30 a.m. sharp. Cost: $3 for children ages 12 and younger and adults 60 and older; $4 for others for breakfast. The egg hunt is free. Bring your own camera for pictures with the Easter bunny from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Info: (630) 833-0100.
• Join an egg hunt at 9:30 a.m. sharp at Bloomingdale Park District's Circle Park, 163 Fairfield Way. The Bunny Bash follows from 9:45 a.m. to noon at Circle Park and the nearby Johnson Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave., and features a bounce house, coloring contest, petting zoo, crafts, games, puppet show and music by a DJ. Free; registration required for Bunny Bash. Info: (630) 529-3650 or bloomingdalepars.org.
• Participate in the Old-Fashioned Egg Roll and make a crafts from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at West Chicago Public Library, 118 W. Washington St. For ages 2-9. Info: (630) 231-1552 or westchicago.lib.il.us.
• Hunt for eggs and visit with the Bunny at 1 p.m. at Villa Park Recreation's Iowa Community Center, 338 N. Iowa Ave. The outdoor egg hunt happens rain or shine, then everyone heads inside to meet the bunny and have snacks. Bring a basket to collect eggs. Cost: $4 per child, free for other family members. Before the egg hunt, children ages 3 to 12 color eggs to take home from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Iowa Recreation Center. Cost: $10, $8 for each additional sibling. Registration required for both events. Info: (630) 834-8970.
• Itasca Park District's Spring Fling and Candy Hunt is from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Springbrook Nature Center, 130 Forest Ave. The event includes a candy hunt at 11 a.m. sharp, as well as crafts, games and a visit from the Easter bunny. Bring a camera. Free. Info: (630) 773-2257 or itascaparkdistrict.com.
• Itasca Park District's Breakfast with the Bunny, for families with children ages 10 and younger, is from 9 to 10:15 a.m. at the park district Recreation Center, 350 E. Irving Park Road. The menu includes muffins, doughnuts, fruit, juice and coffee. Each child gets time with the bunny. Registration is required. Cost: $10 for children, $5 for adults. Info: (630) 773-2257 or itascaparkdistrict.com.
• The Easter bunny makes an early appearance at the Prisco Community Center as the featured guest for activities that include a brunch buffet, egg hunt, music, arts and crafts from 10:30 a.m. to noon at 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora. Cost of brunch: $8 for resident children, $10 nonresident; $9 for adults, $12 nonresident. Registration deadline is March 29. Reservations: (630) 859-8606 or foxvalleyparkdistrict.org.
• Breakfast with the Easter bunny is 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Center for Senior Citizens, 260 Civic Center Plaza, Glendale Heights. Includes all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast with sausage and beverage. No registration required. Fee at door: $5 adults, $3 children, $2 picture with Easter bunny. Info: (630) 260-6060.
• Peter Rabbit drops off filled eggs for children up to age 8 to collect at Glendale Heights Safety Town, 301 Civic Center Plaza, Glendale Heights. Hunts begin promptly at the listed times. For children requiring an adult to assist: 8:15 a.m. for ages 5 and younger; 9 a.m. for ages 6 to 8. For children not requiring adult assistance: 9:30 a.m. for ages 5 and 6; 10 a.m. for ages 7 and 8. Safety Town bags are given to children to collect eggs. Info: (630) 909-5466.
Kids ages 3 to 12 hunt for eggs in the pool at 3 p.m. at Addison Park District's Club Fitness, 1776 W. Centennial Place. Children 7 and younger must be accompanied by an adult; bring a plastic bag to collect eggs. Participants should arrive between 2:45 and 2:55 p.m. Cost: $5 per child for residents and $7 for others, which includes free admission to family open swim afterward. Registration required. Info: (630) 889-2150.
The Naperville Park District's outdoor flashlight egg hunt for kids ages 9 to 13 is from 7:45 to 8:30 p.m. at the Knoch Knolls Park Wigwam, 336 Knoch Knolls Road. Bring a flashlight, and bring a bag or basket for eggs and prizes. Cost: $10 for residents, $14 for others. Info: napervilleparks.org or (630) 848-5000.
• Kids make Easter crafts from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. at the Bloomingdale Park District's Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave. Bring a smock. Info: (630) 529-3650 or bloomingdaleparks.org.
Enjoy breakfast while the Easter bunny visits each table from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. April 6 and 7 at Morton Arboretum's Ginkgo Restaurant in the Visitor Center, 4100 Route 53, Lisle. For children ages 4-12. Cost: $32 adults; $25 adults, $21 children for members; free children 3 and younger. Register: mortonarb.org or (630) 968-0074.
Naperville Park District's Spring Egg-stravaganza is from 9 to 10 a.m. and from noon to 1 p.m. at Seager Park Interpretive Center, 1163 Plank Road, Naperville. The event, for children ages 2 to 5, includes games, stories, crafts, snacks and an egg hunt. Bring a basket. Cost: $11 per parent and child for residents, $17 for others. Info: napervilleparks.org or (630) 848-5000.
• Children 10 and younger hunt for eggs at 10 a.m. at Warrenville VFW Post 8081, 3S371 Mignin Drive. The event also includes Easter treats and prizes, a bake sale, and a pancake breakfast served by Boy Scout Troop from 8 to 11 a.m. Cost: $5 for the pancake breakfast. Info: (630) 393-2442.
Enjoy an Easter brunch while the Easter bunny visits your table at 9:30 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. April 8 in Morton Arboretum's Gingko Restaurant at the Visitor Center, 4100 Route 53, Lisle. Tickets: $32 children, $47 adults; $26 children, $38 adults for members. Register: mortonarb.org or (630) 968-0074.