• Alejandra Olvera-Garnica, 27, of the 10000 block of Route 14, Woodstock, was charged with felony retail theft at 5:28 p.m. Saturday, according to a police report. She is accused of stealing a Coach purse and white denim pants, a total value of $517, from Von Maur, 3810 E. Main St.
Contact information ( * required )
• Between Monday and Wednesday, someone stole tools and building materials from a house in the 1400 block of Erie Street that Habitat for Humanity is restoring, police said. They included a saw, three hand drills, eight bags of copper fittings and a pair of copper ball valves, police said.
• Trevor Stone, 20, of the 900 block of James Street, South Elgin, was charged with two counts of residential burglary and one count of possession of burglary tools, stemming from a pair of burglaries that occurred in the village Tuesday, police said. One burglary was in the 800 block of Sundown Road and the other was in the 600 block of Renee Drive, police said. Stone's bail was set at $100,000, which means he needs $10,000 cash to get out of jail while his trial his pending. Stone is due in court March 9. If found guilty of burglary, he could spend between four and 15 years in prison.
• Jewelry and coins were stolen between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday from a residence in the 47W300 block of Higgins Road near Hampshire, according to a sheriff's report. The victim returned home and found muddy footprints on the floor and the their dog running loose.
• A resident of the 5N800 block of Ravine Drive near St. Charles reported a case of identity theft Friday after learning of $1,510 in unauthorized and unpaid bills to a bank and wireless provider, according to a sheriff's report.
• Heather A. Applegate, 28, of the 5400 block of Roanoke Road, Rockford, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 7:47 p.m. Feb. 21 after her car stuck a telephone pole at Sunflower and Corron roads in Plato Township, according to a sheriff's report. She said she swerved to avoid a
• Cory A. Richardson, 30, of the 500 block of Elm Street, Maple Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 1:31 a.m. Feb. 22 after he flipped his sport utility vehicle in the 45W800 block of Beith Road near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone damaged a $300 mailbox and uprooted political yard signs on the 3N800 block of Route 31 near St. Charles between 9 a.m. Feb. 23 and 6:30 p.m. Friday, according to a sheriff's report.
• A wallet containing $1,000 to $1,200 and left on the counter at the Kane County Branch Court, 530 S. Randall Road, was stolen at about noon Friday, according to a sheriff's report. It was later found in the parking lot, but the money was gone.