• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars forced open a sliding glass sunroom door between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Feb. 1 in the 1400 Block of West Lexington Drive, then forced open a kitchen window and removed jewelry items of an unknown total value. They included a silver jeweled watch valued at $2,500 and a silver engagement ring valued at $3,000.
• Burglars pried the front door at Finns Plumbing, 3 N. Hickory Ave., between 1 p.m. Jan. 27 and 7 a.m. Jan. 30 and stole a generator valued at $750.
• Thieves stole four rear wheels and tires from two 2012 Ford F250 trucks in a lot at Arlington Heights Ford, 580 W. University, between 9 a.m. Jan. 28 and 11 a.m. Jan. 30. The offenders cut a cyclone fence and jacked up the rear ends of the trucks. Loss was estimated at $3,152.
• Two men stole four bottles of alcohol valued at $159 from Dominick's, 325 E. Palatine Road, around 11:40 a.m. Jan. 30.
• Antonio Tony Gomez, 24, of the 500 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, and Alfonso Hurtado, 18, of the 1300 block of South Cora Street, Des Plaines, were arrested around 4:50 p.m. Jan. 31 in a home on the 1300 block of East Howard Avenue and were charged with criminal trespass and resisting a peace officer. Officers were in the area on a criminal damage to property call when they saw Gomez and Hurtado enter the home; the resident, who was sitting on his front porch, told officers the men did not have permission to be inside. Officers forced open a door and Gomez and Hurtado struggled during the arrest. Their court date is March 1. They also were charged with city ordinances drinking in public; Gomez was charged with encouraging delinquency, and Hurtado was charged with possession/consumption of alcohol by a minor. A court date was set for March 19.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and portable DVD player out of a 2003 Toyota Camry on the 1600 block of Stockton Avenue between 7:40 p.m. Jan. 24 and 4 p.m. Jan. 25. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo, power source, bass boost and house keys out of an unlocked 1993 Nissan 240SX on the 600 block of East Walnut Court between 10 p.m. Jan. 31 and 7 a.m. Feb. 1 and tried to open the rear door to the home around 1 a.m. Feb. 1, but did not get inside.
• Burglars stole jewelry valued at $1,935 out of an apartment on the 900 block of Center Street between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. Jan. 31.
• Mario Pineda, 22, of the 300 block of Hawthorne Circle, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 10 p.m. Jan. 24 at the police department, 112 E. Northwest Hwy., and charged with criminal defacement to property after he reportedly admitted spray painting gang graffiti in an apartment building laundry room on the 1400 block of South Busse Road in early January. His court date is March 2.
• Roman Stokowiec, 50, of the 100 block of Squire Lane, Poplar Grove, was arrested around 5:45 a.m. Jan. 26 at Old Willow and Burning Bush Lane during a traffic stop and charged with speeding and theft. According to reports, the officer found 211 pounds of insulated copper wire, 10 pounds of copper, a 38-pound aluminum/copper radiator, 19 pounds of aluminum extrusions, one pound of yellow brass, a roll of plastic sheeting and six pairs of work gloves in Stokowiec's car. Value was estimated at $602. He reportedly admitted taking the items from demolition sites at 180 and 190 N. LaSalle St., Chicago, while working for Kinsale Contracting Group based in Westmont. His court date is Feb. 8.
• Thieves cut the convertible top on a 2000 Honda S2000 in an apartment lot on the 2300 block of South Lexington Drive between 5:30 p.m. Jan. 30 and 8:10 a.m. Jan. 31, climbed inside and stole the two front black leather seats and tried but failed to steal an instrument cluster. Loss was estimated at $8,700.
• A woman took nine cans of baby formula valued at $225 from Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, at 5:37 and 6:37 p.m. Jan. 31. She took part of the items each time. An employee became suspicious when the woman left the store the second time; both times she appeared to have purchased nothing.
• A man stole two cordless-tool combo packs valued at $918 from Home Depot, 450 E. Kensington Road, around 1:20 p.m. Jan. 22. He drove away in a white Ford Crown Victoria. Two days later, a man resembling the Mount Prospect shoplifter was arrested taking power tools from a Lake Zurich Home Depot. The offender also drove a white Ford Crown Victoria. An investigation continues.
• A man, possibly homeless, took 21 men's grooming items valued at $673 from Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, around 8:20 a.m. Jan. 30. He was seen on a security tape placing all the items near a sunglass display case around 7:25 p.m. Jan. 29. He returned on Jan. 30, placed the items in a gift bag and fled. He drove away in a teal green minivan. He was described as a male black, mid-40s, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, 170 pounds, scruffy face, large lower lip and wearing a black winter hat, black coat with teal blue lining, gray hoodie, black sweats/running pants with a stripe down each pant leg, and black shoes.
• Two men burglarized a car in a lot on the 500 block of West Dempster Street around 9:35 p.m. Jan. 31. The victim phoned 911 and chased the men, who dropped the vehicle registration, car repair receipts, and emission test for a 2003 Ford F150 pickup truck at another home on the same block. According to the owner of the pickup truck, a pair of sunglasses was missing. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on a cart path and tee box at the Mount Prospect Golf Course, 600 S. See Gwun, sometime in January. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a GPS, phone cord and money out of an unlocked 2004 Buick LeSabre in a driveway on the 200 block of South Elmwood between 10:30 a.m. Jan. 22 and noon Jan. 23.
• Burglars stole a wallet out of an unlocked 2004 Toyota Highlander in a driveway on the 100 block of South Elmwood between 1:30 p.m. Jan. 22 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23.
• Burglars stole $30 out of an unlocked 2010 Chevrolet pickup truck in a driveway on the 100 block of South Cedar Street between 8 p.m. Jan. 24 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 25.
• Thieves stole a red snowplow from the front of a 1995 Chevrolet pickup truck on the 900 block of Panorama between 3 p.m. Jan. 22 and 8 a.m. Jan. 23.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a purse after the female employee placed it under a desk in the reception area at a business, 625 N. North Ct., between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Jan. 24.
• Thieves stole a purse valued at $35 out of a shopping cart in a store lot, 1555 N. Rand Road, around 9:40 a.m. Jan. 25 while the female victim was loading shopping bags into her car.
• Burglars pried a sliding patio door at a home on the 900 block of North Fairway Drive between 8:30 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. Jan. 26 but did not get inside.
• Burglars opened a basement laundry room window at a home on the 500 block of West Northwest Highway between 7:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and stole a 27-inch TV, 42-inch TV, laptop computer, and jewelry.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Chevrolet Express van belonging to Accurate Industries, 441 Carpenter Ave., between 6 p.m. Jan. 28 and 6:30 a.m. Jan. 30 and stole a first aid kit. Loss was estimated at $260.
• Vandals shattered a driver's-side window on a 1991 Honda Accord in an apartment lot on the 400 block of Inland Drive between 1 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 27. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a black 1996 Honda Civic valued at $5,000 out of an apartment lot on the 800 block of Corey Lane between 10:30 p.m. Jan. 27 and 6 a.m. Jan. 28.