• Gerardo Morales, 33, a homeless man, appeared in bond court Thursday on felony charges of aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, aggravated domestic battery and trespass to residence, according to court documents. Morales entered a home in the 600 block of Jefferson Avenue without permission, choked a woman he knew and sexually assaulted her, documents said. Bail was set at $750,000, of which Morales must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Nov. 9 in St. Charles.
• A 40-year-old Elgin man was the victim of an armed robbery just after 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of Pamela Drive, according to police reports. The man took garbage cans out to the foot of his driveway and stopped to have a cigarette when two men approached him, one pointing a handgun, reports said. They asked him for money but he didn't have any, so one of the men punched him in the face, took his cigarette and ran away, reports said. The man declined medical attention for his injured mouth.
• An Elgin Police citizen emergency response team bag, with a safety vest, green hard hat, poncho, tarp, flashlight, radio, rubber gloves and an emergency shut off tool inside, was stolen from a Hyundai Elantra sometime between 10 p.m. Monday and noon Tuesday while it was parked in the 300 block of Douglas Avenue, according to police reports. A Bluetooth headset, Droid docking station and a phone charger also were taken, reports said.
• A laptop computer and a gold bracelet were stolen sometime between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Wednesday from a home in the 100 block of South Liberty Street, according to police reports. The intruder likely climbed in the kitchen window, reports said. • A laptop computer was stolen from an Isuzu SUV sometime between 9:15 p.m. Tuesday and 10 a.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of Larkin Avenue, according to police reports. The laptop was valued at $400, reports said.
• A laptop, cellphone and a pack of cigarettes were stolen sometime between 7 p.m. Tuesday and 9:30 a.m. Wednesday from a home in the 100 block of South Alfred Avenue, according to police reports.
• A black purse with $30, a debit card and makeup as well as a backpack with textbooks and notebooks was stolen from an unlocked Chevrolet SUV sometime between 11 a.m. Tuesday and 12:10 a.m. Wednesday while it was parked on Douglas Avenue near Ann Street, according to police reports.
• An Elgin man reported unauthorized use of his Kohl's credit card Tuesday, according to police reports. A vacuum cleaner worth almost $400 was charged on Aug. 21 in New Jersey, reports said.
• George A. Bounnavong, 21, of the 2100 block of Silverstone Drive, appeared in bond court Thursday on charges of resisting an officer and causing injury, a felony, and damage to property, a misdemeanor, according to court documents. During a traffic stop on Route 25, north of Robin Road, Bounnavong tried to flee from an arrest, elbowing an officer in the eye and breaking his glasses in the process, documents said. Bail was set at $30,000, of which Bounnavong must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Nov. 3 in St. Charles.