• Stereos were reported stolen from six vehicles sometime between 8 p.m. Monday and 7:45 a.m. Tuesday from E & R Auto, 360 Willard Ave., according to police reports. One vehicle had damage to the front and rear bumpers, perhaps because it was used to ram the locked gate, reports said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Copper pipes were reported stolen at an unknown time between Sept. 15 and 20 from the laundry room of an abandoned house in the 1000 block of Hunter Drive. The wall in the laundry room was extensively damaged when someone cut through to expose the pipes behind it, reports said.
• The driver's side window was shattered and a GPS device and its power cords were stolen sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning from a Toyota Prius parked in the 200 block of East Chicago Street, according to police reports.
• A laptop, GPS device and digital camera were stolen sometime between 5 p.m. Monday and 9:15 a.m. Tuesday from a Pontiac Grand Am parked in the 500 block of Red Tail Ridge, according to police reports.
• A GPS device, iPod and back pack containing various documents were stolen from a Dodge Stratus sometime between 3:30 and 8 p.m. Tuesday while it was parked in the 100 block of Monroe Street, according to police reports. The car was locked and sustained damage to the weather stripping on the driver's side when it was broken into, reports said.
• Kyle Ryan Dimberg, 19, of the 100 block of Sweetbriar Court, South Elgin, was arrested and charged with marijuana possession, underage consumption of alcohol and resisting arrest after authorities were called at 11 p.m. Friday to investigate kids partying in the field in the 40W900 block of Woodrow Lane near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. A deputy found Dimberg in a van with several others smoking pot, drinking whiskey and Dimberg fled the scene, the report said.
• Someone broke into a vacant home in the 42W800 block of Plank Road in Plato Township between Sept. 4 and 9:58 a.m. Monday and stole copper pipes and an antique bar, according to a sheriff's report. The total loss was estimated at $4,000.