Breaking News Bar
updated: 9/1/2011 12:13 PM

Ind. judge approves grocery aid dispute settlement

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- A judge has approved a settlement in a lawsuit over a state grocery benefit that was formerly paid to hundreds of developmentally disabled Indiana residents.

The suit filed on behalf of an autistic Indianapolis man said the state had violated federal law by cutting grocery aid to the needy because they received food stamps. The Family and Social Services Administration stopped the practice last fall, while also ending the grocery benefit.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Attorney Steven Dick says the state agreed to pay his son $2,500, which Dick says represents the amount his son had been shorted on the grocery allowance over about two years. The settlement approved Monday by a Marion County judge includes the state agreeing to no longer violate federal law.

A spokesman says FSSA has made the necessary changes.

Share this page
    help here