• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Raudel Sanchez, 25, of the 2000 block of South Pine Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:20 p.m. Aug. 21 and charged with battery. Police reports said he and a male companion got out of a car on the 1300 block of Pine Street around 2 p.m., flashed gang signs, and punched and kicked a man in the head while he was walking his dog. Officers noted that the victim's left eye was swollen shut and he was bleeding from the eye area and from his nose. Officers saw Sanchez driving the car and stopped him. His court date is Oct. 5.
• A man checked out a total of 38 DVDs from the library between Aug. 7 and 14 but has not returned them. Value was estimated at $760. According to reports, he used someone else's library card.
• Thieves stole a men's green and gray mountain bike chained to a light pole in a parking lot on the 700 block of South Graceland Avenue between 7:50 and 9:30 p.m. Aug. 25. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars broke a basement window at a home on the 1400 block of South Sixth Avenue between 12:45 and 6 p.m. Aug. 25 and stole a laptop computer, flat screen computer monitor and gold jewelry. Value was estimated at $3,500.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, loose change and gift card (value estimated at $215) out of a 2008 Toyota Highlander and a plastic bag with paperwork (valued at $1) out of a 2006 Ssaturn Vue, both in two business lots at 2200 and 2250 Devon Avenue between 1 and 4:30 p.m. Aug. 25.
• Thieves stole a purse valued at $310 out of a shopping cart t Sam's Club, 101 W. Oakton St., around 7 p.m. Aug. 26.
• Burglars stole a set of golf clubs, golf bag, umbrella, 24 golf balls, tees, golf gloves, shoes, range finder, hat, sunglasses and towel out of a garage on the 1300 block of Dennis Place between Aug. 25 and 28, but possibly Aug. 27 when the garage was left open. Value was estimated at $3,211.
• Burglars stole two wall air conditioners and the refrigerator out of a vacant apartment on the 1100 block of Higgins Quarters Drive between Aug. 16 and 20. Value was estimated at $200.
• Jose E. Roldan, 24, of the 0-100 block of North Albert, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:40 a.m. Aug. 22 on Leslie south of Algonquin Road and charged with possession of marijuana, driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs, and traffic violations. His court date is Sept. 15.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Cadillac Escalade at Melas Park, 1500 W. Central Road, between 1 and 3 p.m. Aug. 28 and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $440.
• Thieves stole a charcoal grill on the driveway at a home on the 0-100 block of North Emerson Street between midnight and 7 a.m. Aug. 27. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars reached through an open window on a 2011 Honda Accord at Sycamore Trails Park, 1500 E. Kensington Road, at 9 p.m. Aug. 25 and stole a cellphone valued at $130.
• Vandals pulled a basketball backboard off its post at Euclid School, 1211 N. Wheeling Road, between Aug. 19 and 22. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Emily B. Dennen, 21, of the 5400 block of Ebony Court, Gurnee, was arrested around 2:05 p.m. Aug. 26 at Sephora in Woodfield Shopping Center and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took five boxes of makeup and one box of hair remover; value was estimated at $186. Her court date is Oct. 13.