• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars forced open the front door at a home on Dunamon Drive around 2:45 a.m. Aug. 23 and stole several pieces of jewelry valued at $2,310.
• Vandals smashed the rear vehicle windshield on one vehicle, ripped the rear windshield wiper off another car and damaged several mailboxes overnight Aug. 20-21 on Summersweet Lane. Damage was estimated at $600.
• Patrick J. Trotter, 36, of the 7400 block of Jensen, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:20 a.m. Aug. 25 on the 1800 block of Irving Park Road and charged with theft.
• Syed Rizvi, 51, of the 1400 block of Gentry, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 11:15 a.m. Aug. 23 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with local ordinance retail theft.
• Andrew P. Ratko, 26, of the 5600 block of Star, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:55 a.m. Aug. 23 at County Farm and Stearns roads and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also arrested on a warrant out of Streamwood for criminal damage to property.
• Joaquin Lopez-Salazar, 20, of the 1400 block of Oakwood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:10 a.m. Aug. 21 at his home and charged with unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Burglars entered BestCom, 2017 Irving Park Road, around 12:25 a.m. Aug. 23. It was not clear if anything was missing.
• Orlando Esquivel-Cruz, 25, of the 7500 block of Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:45 a.m. Aug. 22 at Costco, 1375 N. Meacham Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took two video games valued at $60. His court date is Oct. 5.
• Samantha J. Desautels, 18, of the 1600 block of Syracuse Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 7 p.m. Aug. 22 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took clothes valued at $52. Her court date is Sept. 13.