Breaking News Bar
posted: 8/20/2011 9:24 AM

Search on for man in alleged gang shooting

Success - Article sent! close
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Authorities are searching for a 31-year-old who is wanted in a shooting of two small girls in Chicago earlier this year.

A statement from the FBI says Dionisio Gonzalez has been charged in a federal criminal complaint with one count of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

He is suspected in the apparent gang shooting on June 8. The girls injured in the crossfire were aged 2 and 7.

The FBI says Gonzales may have left the state and gone to the Miami area, where he has family.

Authorities say Gonzales should be considered armed and dangerous.

The search for the suspect is being coordinated by the FBI, the Chicago Police Department and investigators with the Cook County sheriff's office.

Share this page