Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/27/2011 6:09 PM

Minor fire breaks out at Northwest Community Hospital

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

A small fire broke out inside a radiation therapy room at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights early this afternoon but was quickly extinguished, officials said.

The minor fire broke out around 1 p.m. and had already been extinguished by hospital security guards when Arlington Heights firefighters arrived.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Fire officials said a machine inside the radiation therapy room malfunctioned and the circuit board caught fire.

The hospital's ventilation system quickly pulled smoke from the room, and the building did not need to be evacuated.

There was little smoke damage to the room, and no one was injured.

Share this page
    help here