• Jonathan H. Paul, 19, of the 500 block of Shepherd Lane, Geneva, is charged with felony burglary to motor vehicle and felony theft. Geneva police, investigating a report of a man breaking into vehicles in the 600 block of Windett Lane at 5:45 a.m. July 18, say Paul matched the description given by a victim. Police saw him in his open garage, and a search of the garage and his house turned up hand tools, drill bits, a tool belt and two GPS devices that had been reported stolen, police report. Paul also was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia (two glass cannabis pipes), possession of cannabis, and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• An air conditioning unit was stolen from the east side of Conveyor Installations Inc., 2630 Kaneville Court, between 5 p.m. July 17 and 11 a.m. July 20, according to reports.
• Someone put a 3-inch hole in a plastic mailbox and smashed its wooden post, between 2 and 8 a.m. July 24 in the 2800 block of Miller Road.
• Someone cut down two trees at the Burr Hill Golf Course, 5N659 N. Fairway Drive in St. Charles Township, between 1 a.m. and 7:50 a.m. Saturday, causing $2,000 damage, reports said.
• A $40 cordless drill was stolen between June 30 and 8 a.m. July 18 from a residence in the 45W100 block of Plato Road near Hampshire, reports said.
• An injured Welsh Harlequin duck, a rare breed worth $600, was stolen from its cage in the 41W300 block of Route 38 near Elburn between 8 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 p.m. Friday, reports said.
• Michael Adriano, 19, of the 38W300 block of Yaupon Court, South Elgin, was arrested and charged with possession and delivery of a controlled substance at 8:33 p.m. Friday at Blotto Fest at Vasa Park, 35W200 Route 31 near South Elgin, reports said. Adriano is accused of possession of "magic" mushrooms, reports said. Authorities searched him and Samantha K. Beckman, 20, of the 1500 block of Madison Street, St. Charles, after Beckman was spotted smoking marijuana out of a glass pipe by officers on foot patrol, reports said. Beckman was charged with possession of cannabis, reports said.