A Carpentersville woman told police Monday that someone electronically withdrew $388.30 from her bank account on July 18 to pay that person's own cable bill, police said. The woman discovered the discrepancy while reviewing her own account, police said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Paul Sandoval, 17, of the 1100 block of Concord Drive in Elgin, appeared in bond court Monday on charges of possession of a fraudulent ID card -- a felony -- and possession of brass knuckles intended as a weapon as well as possession of 1.5 grams of marijuana, both misdemeanors, according to court documents. Bail was set at $15,000, of which Sandoval must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Aug. 1 in St. Charles.
• Omid Khamisi-Sobbi, 20, of the 3400 block of West Weslawn Avenue in Amarillo, Tex., was arrested and later charged with presenting an inaccurate identification card about 11:45 p.m. Monday at the Grand Victoria Casino, 250 S. Grove Ave., Elgin, according to police reports. Khamisi-Sobbi's ID said he was born in 1982, but his real date of birth is in 1990, reports said. Khamisi-Sobbi is due in Elgin court at 9 a.m. Aug. 15.
• Three bicycles were stolen from a garage sometime between 10 p.m. Sunday and 5 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of Park Street in Elgin, according to police reports. The latch plate next to the garage doorknob was dented with possible pry marks, reports said.
• Two snowblowers and two string trimmers were taken between Friday and Monday from a cemetery work shed in the 1000 block of Villa Street in Elgin, according to police reports.
• An iPod, case and power cord were taken sometime between July 21 and 23 from a car parked in a driveway in the 1000 block of Bruce Drive in Elgin, according to police reports. The vehicle was not locked before the burglary, reports said.
• A laptop computer and charger were taken sometime between July 20 and 25 from the basement of a home in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue in Elgin, according to police reports. Other valuable items were left untouched, reports said.
• A palm sander and a saw were taken at an unknown time in the last five months from a garage in the 600 block of Douglas Avenue in Elgin, according to police reports. The burglary was reported Monday, reports said.
• Ugne M. MacIulyte, 18, of the 2700 block of Briarcliff Lane in Lake in the Hills, Reese A. Germain, 18, of the 400 block of East Oak Street in Lake in the Hills and a 17-year-old female from Lake in the Hills were arrested July 17 near the intersection of South Hubbard Street and Ridge Street and charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, police reports said. Germain also was charged with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor. All were released on a notice to appear and are due in court Aug. 31.
• Kala P. Patel, 61, of the 600 block of Bluestem Lane in Algonquin, was arrested July 24 and charged with retail theft, police reports said. She was issued a municipal citation and has an Aug. 31 court date.
• Twenty-three self-storage units at Lake Julian, 65 S. Northwest Highway, were burglarized sometime between 9 p.m. July 24 and 6 a.m. July 25, police said. The locks were forcibly removed but not all units had property taken, police said. Anyone with information is asked to contact Cary police at (847) 639-2341 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-762-STOP. Crime Stoppers can pay up to $1,000 for information leading to arrests.