• Alberto Fernandez, 17, of the 0-99 block of Channing Street, appeared in bond court Wednesday on charges of aggravated battery and resisting or obstructing five different police officers causing injury, six felony counts, according to court documents. Elgin police arrested Fernandez at about 3:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 0-99 block of Channing Street. Bail was set at $100,000, of which Fernandez must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for July 26 in St. Charles.
• Tremell Payton, 19, of the 200 block of Highbury Drive in Elgin, appeared in bond court Wednesday on charges of residential burglary, a felony, for entering a home sometime between 7:30 and 11:30 a.m. June 7 in the 100 block of Elm Street in Elgin, according to police and court documents. Bail was set at $200,000 Wednesday, of which Payton must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, set for July 28 in St. Charles.
• An Elgin couple reported the theft of their canoe sometime between Monday and Tuesday from their home in the 500 block of Wellington Avenue, according to police reports. The 14-foot Potomac plastic canoe is usually stored in the backyard, reports said. The couple found a chunk of meat on the ground in the dog kennel, also in the backyard, reports said. • A silver men's mountain bike was reported stolen around 4 a.m. Saturday from the 0-99 block of Clock Tower Plaza in Elgin, according to police reports. The owner of the bike left it outside of a store while he sobered up but it was missing when he went back for it, reports said.
• A yellow gold ring with rubies and diamonds was taken at about noon July 14 from the bathroom in the Grand Victoria Casino, 250 S. Grove Ave., Elgin, according to police reports. A woman took it off to wash her hands and when she went back five minutes later realizing she forgot it, it was already gone, reports said.
• Someone threw a rock and dented a Ford Escape while it was being driven at Algonquin and Kings roads near Carpentersville at about 6:20 p.m. Sunday, reports said.