• A laptop computer was reported stolen from an apartment on the 0-100 block of South Fourth Street July 6. The homeowner told police he'd left the front door to the apartment open by mistake. The laptop is a silver Dell Inspire valued at about $600.
• Justin T. Tyler, 26, of the 600 block of Cambridge Avenue in Elburn, was charged July 6 with disorderly conduct, according to a police report. Officers arrived at the St. Charles Public Library to find library staff complaining that Tyler was disturbing other patrons. Library staff told police they believed Tyler was intoxicated. They had observed Tyler lift a large, potted plant and shake it while swearing at it. The police report states that during questioning Tyler admitted to police he was drinking alcohol.
• Amber Leigh Sutphin, 21, of the 600 block of Paddock Lane in Batavia, was charged July 6 with possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. Officers arrived at a residence on the 400 block of South 13th Avenue for a report of a person smoking cannabis on the front porch and found Sutphin. She told the officer she had only been smoking cigarettes. The officer then questioned Sutphin about the contents of her purse. The report states Sutphin then admitted to having a cannabis and a pipe and she was arrested. She was found to be in possession of 4.53 grams of cannabis.
• Mark D. Cochran, 44, of the 1400 block of Walnut Hill Avenue in St. Charles, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal transportation of alcohol, improper lane use and failure to report a property-damage accident, according to a police report. The crash occurred at 7:24 p.m. June 28 in the 400 block of Hamilton Street.
• The passenger side of a Volkswagen Jetta was scratched between 10 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Friday in a parking lot in the 700 block of Commons Drive.
• A safe containing a laptop computer, a total value of $940, was stolen between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. July 7 from the 39W500 block of Lori Lane near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone broke the rear window and a rear taillight on a sport utility vehicle in the 41W200 block of Mare Lane near Elburn and stole an aluminum propeller and a motor mount, valued at $130, reports said. The theft was reported at 1 p.m. July 7, reports said.
• Two televisions and assorted jewelry were stolen between 6:10 a.m. and noon July 7 from a residence in the 2N400 block of Beith Road near Elburn, reports said.
• Someone threw a beer bottle at about 10:30 p.m. Friday through the window of an RV in the 5S0-99 block of Harter Road near Sugar Grove causing $250 damage, reports said.
• Someone stole a brass water meter from a residence in the 1600 block of Dearborn Avenue near Aurora between 10 p.m. July 6 and 9 a.m. July 7, causing $5,000 water damage to a wood floor in the process, reports said.
• Someone used rocks to break the windows on a John Deere excavator at Bolcum and Crane roads near St. Charles between 5 p.m. July 7 and 5 a.m. Monday, causing $1,800 damage, police said.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close