Chicago Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are seeking information on a Des Plaines man who fled to Iran after allegedly killing a 16-year-old boy last year on Chicago's Northwest Side.
The 15-month-long manhunt for Ali Sattariaghdam, 24, has netted few new leads. However, authorities believe the fugitive, who is an Iranian national, may be back in the area as he has friends and family in Des Plaines, FBI spokesman Ross Rice said.
Authorities accuse Sattariaghdam of being involved in a Feb. 21, 2010 drive-by shooting in the 4300 block of West Potomac. The shooting occurred about 4 a.m. at a house where a fight had broken out during a party two hours earlier, Rice said.
Chicago police identified Sattariaghdam as the shooter who fired several shots from a car injuring two people, and killing 16-year-old Rogelio Escalante, Rice said.
The Cook County State's Attorney's Office charged Sattariaghdam with one count of first-degree murder.
Police searched for Sattariaghdam at his last known Des Plaines address in the 9000 block of Terrace Place, but later traced him to O'Hare International Airport where he bought an airline ticket to Iran and flew out the same day of the shooting, Rice said.
"He had booked one-way passage on a commercial flight," Rice said.
Sattariaghdam is described as 5-foot-8 tall, weighing 170 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Authorities are asking anyone with information to call (312) 421-6700.