• A resident of the 0-99 block of Sunnyside, Batavia Township, reported her Social Security number was stolen and used to file a false tax return. She reported the theft March 15. The woman had corresponded by telephone and e-mail, from Jan. 12 to 24, with a person who was assisting her in preparing her 2010 tax return. The same person had assisted her the previous year with her 2009 return. Starting Jan. 24, the suspect's telephone number was disconnected and the e-mail address deleted. The victim reported the matter to the Internal Revenue Service Feb. 7, and learned a return had been filed under her name and Social Security number, but with a different address. On Feb. 28 she received a letter from the IRS, saying that on Jan. 28 it had sent a $7,295 refund to a refund anticipation loan account.
• A wallet was stolen out of a purse in an unlocked drawer in a desk in the office of The Strawflower Shop 210 W. State St., between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. March 5. The purse was found in the back storage room.
• Theodore J. Psichalinos, 52, no address listed, was charged with felony aggravated battery to hospital personnel at 8:14 p.m. March 14, according to a police report. He is accused of punching a Delnor Hospital security guard in the arm when the guard was trying to lead him back to a treatment room in the emergency department. Psichalinos was being examined for intoxication and injuries from falling off a bicycle, police said.
• Kyle T. Warford, 24, of the 300 block of Jewel Avenue in St. Charles, was charged with home invasion, a Class X felony, according to a police report. At 5 a.m. March 14, police say, Warford entered the victim's home in the 1200 block of Lencioni Court through an unlocked basement window. He is accused of then yelling at the victim and banging her head against a bed. He left the house, but returned around 6:30 a.m., pushing his way in through the back door. He then yelled at the victim, grabbed her arms, grabbed her face by the cheeks and head-butted her. He is also charged with two counts of misdemeanor domestic battery and misdemeanor criminal trespass. Bail was set at $35,000, and he posted $3,500 bond Monday and was released.
• Stephen Marcus Lerose, 27, of the 2700 block of South Herman Street in Milwaukee, was charged with possession of cannabis (8.2 grams) at 8:04 p.m. Friday at the Herrington Inn, 15 S. River Lane, according to a police report.
• A person stole 13 gallons of gasoline, worth $47.54, at 9:38 a.m. Saturday from Citgo, 206 E. State St. Police said the suspect is a young blond-haired woman driving a tan Nissan Murano, last seen southbound on Crissey Avenue.
• A black and silver Nike gym bag containing a Ralph Lauren gym shirt and pants, an iPod Touch and a T-Mobile cellular telephone, was reported stolen off the floor of a men's bathroom near the driver's education classroom at Geneva High School. It happened between 1 and 1:30 p.m. March 15, police said.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close