• Selected by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first round (No. 27 overall) of the 2002 draft, Santos batted .248 in 771 minor-league games and committed 162 errors.
• After successfully adding a biting slider and changeup to his consistent 95-mph fastball, Santos made the amazing jump to the major leagues in 2010.
• Led all American League rookies in strikeouts per nine innings (9.5).
• Had 14 holds, the most by a White Sox rookie reliever since Kelly Wunsch (25) in 2000.
• ERA was 1.93 and batting average against was .216 before the all-star break. In the second half, ERA was 4.18 and average against was .307.
• The quote: "I'm not fighting to make the team like last spring, but I'm fighting to get myself established. I have to prove what I did last year wasn't a fluke." — Sergio Santos
— Scot Gregor
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close