The Chicago Rush has released it 2011 promotional schedule, which features giveaways that will celebrate the 10th anniversary season and highlight the team's commitment to the community.
"We feel like we have put together one of the best promotional schedules in the AFL this season. We really wanted to show our gratitude to the committed Rush fan base," said Ryan Simmons, Rush vice president of ticketing. "We still have a number of additional special promos in the works."
Here are the highlights:
• March 18: The Rush home opener against the Philadelphia Soul will feature a "Blackout" Thundersticks giveaway to celebrate the start of the 10th anniversary season. Fans will be encouraged to join the team in wearing all black to kick off the commemorative season. The team will also give away Rush pocket schedules.
• March 25: Fans will receive a complimentary magnet schedule as the Rush take on the San Jose Sabercats.
• April 22: Mascots from throughout the Chicago area will team up against each other for a friendly game of football during halftime of the game against the Kansas City Command.
• April 30: This game versus the New Orleans VooDoo will feature a commemorative Bob McMillen Bobblehead giveaway in celebration of McMillen's No. 44 jersey retirement. McMillen, who retired as a player in 2008, is now the head coach of the Rush.
• May 22: Fans will receive a Rush team poster at this game against the Dallas Vigilantes. After the game, fans will be allowed on the field to get players' autographs.
• May 29: John Moyer, former Rush defensive lineman, will be honored during halftime of this game versus the Tulsa Talons. Fans will also receive a commemorative No. 99 Rally Towel in celebration of Moyer's jersey retirement.
• June 26: For this Teddy Bear Toss, fans will be encouraged to hurl new stuffed animals onto the football field after the Rush score their first touchdown in their game against the Iowa Barnstormers. The teddy bears will be collected from the field and donated to children in need throughout the Chicago area.
• July 1: The Rush will honor America's military personnel at this game against the Utah Blaze. Tickets will be $5 for active and past military members.
July 23: Fans will receive an Adrenaline Rush Dance Team poster at this game against the Milwaukee Mustangs.
All promotions and dates are subject to change, and supplies are limited for giveaways. For more on the Chicago Rush, visit arenarush.com.