Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Two men stole a laptop computer from Best Buy, 615 E. Palatine Road, Nov. 5. One of the men distracted the door security agent while the second man walked out with the computer. The two men attempted the same trick around 5:47 p.m. Nov. 20. This time, the shoplifter was stopped at the door. He was carrying a desktop computer valued at $1,150. He told the security agent he was only returning the computer, but it did not have a paper dot indicating that the agent had seen the computer when the man brought it back into the store. The shoplifter put down the computer and told the agent he would get his receipt. Instead, he dove a black Nissan Altima to the front door and picked up his male accomplice.
• Thieves used an Arlington Heights woman's e-mail account to send mass fraudulent requests for money between 9 a.m. Nov. 16 and 3:45 p.m. Nov. 17. Offenders also used her eBay account to purchase a gaming notebook and two cameras, value estimated at $4,140, to be shipped to Lagos, Nigeria. She tried to close her account, but the password had been changed and she could not access it.
• Thieves stole a sapphire and diamond ring valued between $5,000 and $10,000 out of a locked locker at the Northwest Community Wellness Center, 900 W. Central Road, between noon and 1 p.m. Oct. 23, but reported Nov. 17.
• David K. Eck, 26, of the 1000 block of Ashton Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. Nov. 15 at Walgreens, 1711 W. Campbell St., and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Reports said he used a fake prescription to get 180 pills of a narcotic pain medication. His court date is Dec. 14.
• Joseph A. Pec, 34, homeless, was arrested on charges of the second time in a week at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy., around 1:40 p.m. Nov. 17 and charged with consumption of alcohol on Metra property. He was treated at Northwest Community Hospital. His court date is Dec. 16.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer in a restaurant lot at 1331 W. Dundee Road between 1 and 2:55 p.m. Nov. 18 and stole a backpack with passport, credit cards, checkbook, $200 in travelers checks, and a laptop computer valued at $2,000.
• Burglars stole 13 black floor mats out of a panel truck belonging to Aramark, 3795 N. Wilke Road, between 10 p.m. Nov. 18 and 5 a.m. Nov. 19. Value was estimated at $1,200.
• Vandals scratched the driver's-side doors on a 2010 Ford Fusion in a store lot on the 300 block of East Palatine Road around 9:50 a.m. Nov. 18.
• Vandals took sunglasses, hard hat, toys and a cell phone charger out of an unlocked 1999 Ford Escort at a home on the 1700 block of North Chestnut Avenue between 8 and 11 p.m. Nov. 20 and threw them on the ground. Only the cell phone charger was damaged; it landed on the street and was run over. Damage was estimated at $25.
• Two women and a man left Olive Garden, 630 E. Rand Road, around 10:30 p.m. Nov. 19 without paying the $78 food bill.
• Vandals wrote graffiti with a permanent black marker on a limestone block at the fountain in North School Park, 410 N. Arlington Heights Road, between Nov. 12 and 15.
• Burglars stole the steering wheel air bag out of a 2010 Pontiac G6 in a rear parking lot at Enterprise Rent A Car, 777 W. Dundee Road, between 1 p.m. Nov. 6 and noon Nov. 15. Value was estimated at $600.
• A man stole two USB computer keys from the lobby at Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Road, around 12:40 p.m. Nov. 13. The keys are used to check state IDs and driver's licenses for convicted sex offenders before allowing them to enter.
• Thieves stole a suitcase with winter clothes out of a locked storage area in an apartment building on the 300 block of East Seegers Road between June 5 and Nov. 15. Value was estimated at $600.
• Burglars stole a video-game system, 10 video games, and bottles of alcohol out of a home on the 1200 block of North Yale Avenue between 8 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Nov. 17.
• Anthony C. DioGuardi, 46, of the 200 block of West Main, Cary, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Nov. 19 at 340 W. Northwest Hwy. and charged with disorderly conduct. Police reports said he threatened to harm the manager at Barrington Cellars if the electricity were turned off at Sergio's Pizza, 338 W. Northwest Hwy. The two businesses share the same building, and the manager of Barrington Cellars subleases space to the pizza restaurant. A court date is Dec. 15.
• Thieves stole three laptop computers off two computer carts at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main St., between Oct. 26 and 28. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Debra K. Robinson, 49, of the 100 block of North Chase Avenue, Bartlett, was arrested around 6:20 p.m. Nov. 16 at CVS Pharmacy, 101 Bartlett Plaza, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Her court date is Dec. 29.
• Nestor Perez, 20, of the 100 block of Edgewood, Streamwood, was arrested around 1:35 a.m. Nov. 15 at Lake Street and Monarch Drive and charged with local ordinance consumption of alcohol by a minor. His court date is Dec. 14.
• Kevin Hill, 18, of the 1500 block of Derby Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 6:45 a.m. Nov. 12 at Route 59 and Struckman Boulevard and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 29.
• Thieves stole a diamond wedding ring valued at $5,000 out of a home on Newport Lane between Oct. 10 and 31.
• Someone removed merchandise valued at $1,800 from Forever Antiques and Collectibles, 116 W. Bartlett Ave., Nov. 18.
• Thieves stole a coat with a cell phone, driver's license, and credit cards from a female customer at Cadillac Ranch, 1175 W. Lake St. around 4 a.m. Nov. 18. Value was estimated at $470.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle on Melody Drive around 1 p.m. Nov. 12 and stole two purses valued at $1,451.
• Burglars smashed the front glass door at Sherlock Systems, 1588 Barclay Blvd., around 7:55 a.m. Nov. 17 and stole two laptop computers.
• Thieves have stolen items such as credit card bills and insurance checks out of a mailbox on the 1100 block of Parker Lane between Sept. 17 and Nov. 17.
• Andrew John Billips, 28, of the 800 block of Williamsport Drive, Rockford, was arrested around 12:20 a.m. Nov. 18 on Milwaukee Avenue at Riverwalk and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole a purse valued at $110 out of a shopping cart after the female victim left it in the parking lot at Dominick's, 1555 Lee St., around 11:55 a.m. Nov. 16.
• Thieves stole a boys' red bicycle parked unlocked near the playground at Central School, 1526 E. Thacker St., between 8:45 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. Nov. 10. Value was estimated at $75.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer valued at $600 out of an apartment on the 400 block of Western Avenue between 7:45 a.m. and 5:47 p.m. Nov. 16.
• Carlos I. Quinones, 30, of the 100 block of Sixth, Bartlett, was arrested around 6:20 p.m. Nov. 18 in a store at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Joseph A. Jakubowski, 28, of the 0-100 block of Hawthorne, Streamwood, was arrested around 1:50 p.m. Nov. 17 at Church and Lake streets and charged with possession of a hypodermic needle.
• Anthony Brian, 19, of the 1100 block of Knollwood, Schaumburg, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. Nov. 16 at Yorkshire and Kingsbury and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Veronica Stroinski, 23, of the 1700 block of Arlington, Hanover Park, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Nov. 12 in a store at 7580 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Ruben Olivares-Olvera, 31, of the 7000 block of Hickory, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8 p.m. Nov. 12 at Poplar and Plum Tree and charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• Avran T. Lechuga, 22, of the 6600 block of Pine Tree, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9 p.m. Nov. 12 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Burglars stole a TV out of a home on the 5800 block of Concord on an unknown date but reported Nov. 17.
• Vandals hurled two landscape blocks through a window on the 7100 block of Church around 9:25 p.m. Nov. 18.
• Thieves stole a lawn mower on the 6900 block of Mulberry around 6 p.m. Nov. 18.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Ford van in a parking lot on the 2000 block of AT&T Drive between 6 a.m. and noon Nov. 17 and stole a GPS unit, socket set, tool bag with tools, a drill/saw kit, and two drills. Loss was estimated at $4,000.
• Vandals slashed the rear driver's-side tire on a 2008 Ford Escape in an apartment lot on the 900 block of Pacific Avenue between 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and 1 p.m. Nov. 16.
• Vandals punctured tires on several vehicles in a hotel lot on the 2400 block of North Barrington Road between 9 p.m. Nov. 15 and 7 a.m. Nov. 16.
• Sylvia Karas, 26, of the 900 block of South Elmhurst Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 5:30 a.m. Nov. 7 at Sunset Avenue and Elmhurst Road and charged with aggravated assault to a firefighter during a personal injury crash investigation. Karas was not involved in the crash, but reports said she approached the firefighter in an aggressive way, with a sharp key protruding from her right fist. Officers stopped her before she reached the firefighter. Her court date is Dec. 8.
• A man in his 40s stole $11 from a woman on the 300 block of North Maple Street between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m. Nov. 15 after he went to her home and convinced her he needed money. He told her he was her neighbor and that his wife was friends with the victim's next door neighbor. He told the woman his wife had just been involved in an auto accident on Northwest Highway in Mount Prospect, and a police officer had told him to bring $45 to the accident scene so his wife's car would not be towed. He told the woman that he couldn't find his ATM card and asked if she had $45 to lend him. The woman gave him $11, all the cash she had at the time.
• Thieves stole a black leather jacket containing a cell phone and car keys from a bar stool at Ye Olde Town Inn, 18 W. Busse Ave., between 1:45 and 2 a.m. Nov. 14. The male victim left the jacket on the stool while he took pictures of the band. Value was estimated at $450.
• Agnieszka Walczyk, 39, of the 1100 block of Azalea Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. Nov. 14 at T.J. Maxx, 1311 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said she walked out wearing the store's shoes valued at $44.
• Juan L. Vasquez, 22, of the 1600 block of West Shirra Court, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 12:20 a.m. Nov. 18 at Idol's Bar, 1601 N. Rand Road, and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Reports said an officer found him with cocaine wrapped in two dollar bills.
• A man was videotaped stealing an entire section of loose razor blades from Dominick's, 720 W. Euclid Ave., between 4:35 and 4:50 p.m. Nov. 15. He filled a hand basket and left without paying. Value was estimated at $700.
• Burglars broke into a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer on the 100 block of Dundee Quarter between 9:03 and 9:18 p.m. Nov. 14 and stole the in-dash stereo faceplate and an iPod.
• Eimantas Tarasovas, 19, of the 400 block of Ashbury Court, Lemont, was arrested around 7:10 p.m. Nov. 17 at Macy's in Woodfield Shopping Center and charged with retail theft. Reports said Tarasovas and a male accomplice each stole a men's coat, with a total value of $270. Both shoplifters ran from a security agent in the parking lot; Tarasovas was captured, the second man escaped. A court date is Dec. 22.
• Tomasz Szlachta, 23, of the 0-100 block of East Jerry Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:50 p.m. Nov. 17 at Auto Zone, 660 S. Roselle Road, and charged with theft. Reports said employee Szlachta made a fraudulent return on Nov. 12 for a purchase a customer made on Nov. 10. Szlachta pocketed $52. An employee phoned the customer and learned that the merchandise was not returned. A court date is Dec. 29.
• Thieves stole two roof panels and damaged a third on the green house at Hoover Elementary School, 315 N. Springinsguth Road, between 4 p.m. Nov. 12 and 7:45 a.m. Nov. 15. Loss was estimated at $200.
• Erik S. Sachs, 29, of the 1600 block of East Central Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 12:40 a.m. Nov. 16 at Milwaukee and Strong avenues and charged with a traffic violation and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole a cell phone valued at $50 out of a 2002 Oldsmobile Alero in a store lot at 291 E. Dundee Road between 7 and 7:45 p.m. Nov. 11.
• Burglars broke a snowplow headlight and stole a GPS out of a 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe and the in-dash stereo faceplate out of a 2000 Chevrolet Tracker in the same driveway on the 1000 block of Valleystream Drive between Nov. 11 and 15. Loss was estimated at $525.
• Thieves stole a black and gray bicycle locked to a railing inside Target, 1400 Lake-Cook Road, between 6:30 and 7:22 p.m. Nov. 15. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole the rear driver's-side tire off a 1999 Chrysler Sebring in a townhouse parking lot on the 1400 block of Lenox Court between 10:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and 8:15 a.m. Nov. 16. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole an unlocked white 1996 Honda Passport SUV with the keys in the ignition and the engine running in an apartment lot on the 300 block of Inland Drive between 1:15 and 1:30 p.m. Nov. 18.