• Matthew R. Hernandez, 25, of the 01N100 block of Elm Road, West Chicago, was arrested Thursday on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of domestic battery, according to a police report. Officers responded to Hernandez's home at 8:30 a.m. for a report of a man chasing a woman around with a kitchen knife. Police said Hernandez punched the woman in the head and threatened to kill her.
Contact information ( * required )
• Carmen D. Singletary, 45, of the 0-99 block of Middlesex Drive, Carpentersville, was arrested Thursday on a charge of defrauding a drug or alcohol screen, at the Kane County Judicial Center, 37W777 Route 38, St. Charles, police said. According to a police report, Singletary submitted another person's urine for a drug or alcohol test because she was concerned she would fail the test otherwise. The charge against her is a Class 4 felony.
• Tiffany M. Martin, 30, of the 1000 block of Dawes Street, Aurora, was arrested at 1:01 a.m. Friday on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police said. According to a police report, Martin was pulled over at Elmwood Drive and Sullivan Road in Aurora and found to be in the company of a teenage boy whose parents had forbid Martin from seeing. Martin also was charged with failure to signal when turning and driving without a valid license, police said.
• Nearly $50 in fuel was reported stolen Oct. 13 from the Burlington Oasis, 125 Plank Road, in Burlington Township. The complaining witness told police a driver in a white full-size truck, possibly a GMC, drove off without paying, according to a police report.
• A green John Deere 1130 SE snow thrower and a .22-caliber, semiautomatic rifle were reported stolen Thursday from a garage on the 03N300 block of Route 47, near Elburn, police said. The rifle was described as a 17-shot firearm with a maple stock, chrome barrel and orange sights. The loss of the gun and the snow thrower was estimated at $1,599.
• A sliding miter box saw and a cordless nail gun, both DeWalt, were among tools reported stolen Saturday from a 2002 Chevrolet on the 6N400 block of Essex Avenue, near St. Charles, police said. The loss was estimated at $1,420.
• Two mailboxes valued at $75 each were reported damaged Sunday on the 36W300 block of Barton Drive, near St. Charles, police said.
• Two people received tickets for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 12:50 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Longview Drive. They are Jacob D. DeSantis, 20, of the 400 block of Longview Drive, and Brittany A. Ebel, 20, of the 3000 block of Gaylord Lane, Montgomery, according to a police report.
• A driver's-side mirror was smashed on a vehicle in the 1000 block of Peyton Street at 1:25 a.m. Thursday, police said.
• Ann D. Hines, 54, of the 500 block of Manor Place, Aurora, was arrested at 12:48 p.m. Sunday on a charge of retail theft, according to a police report. She is accused of taking $469 worth of merchandise from Target, 115 N. Randall Road.
• A credit card was reported stolen at 3:11 p. m. Sunday at O'Brien's Pub, 12 N. River St. Someone put $279.61 worth of unauthorized charges on it, police said.
• Someone put $147.83 worth of fraudulent charges on a credit card, it was reported at 9:22 a.m. Saturday, police said. The owner lives in the 800 block of First Street.
• Jewelry and cash, in unspecified amounts, were stolen out of a house in the 300 block of Woodland Hills Road, it was reported at 8:05 a.m. Friday, police said.
• Graffiti was written on a sidewalk and a footbridge at Clark Island Park, 411 S. River St., it was reported at 11:39 a.m. Friday, police said.