• Lorenzo Carlos Barrera, 30, of the 1500 Indiana Street, and Antonio Yanez Olmos, 41, of the 1600 block of Indiana Street, were charged Sept. 21 with retail theft, according to a police report. Store security at Meijer, in the 800 block of South Randall Road, observed Barrera and Olmos walking through the store with three DVDs and a Bluetooth. Security then observed Olmos open two of the DVDs and hide them in his back pants pocket. Barrera then opened the remaining DVD and conceal it in his pocket. Security also observed Barrera conceal the Bluetooth. Both men then headed to the grocery department. Olmos was observed concealing an Airwick air freshener. Both men then attempted to leave the store without paying for any of the items.
• Corazon V. Barlan, 54, of the 700 block of Pheasant Trail, was arrested Sept. 16 on charges of theft over $300, according to a police report. Store security at Von Maur, in the 3800 block of East Main Street, began watching Barlan, a store employee, when the company noticed losses at the cash registers and audits on merchandise. Barlan had consistent shortages. Security observed Barlan select a box of lotion from the sales display and place it on the counter near a register. About an hour later, she placed the lotion under an article of clothing from the return rack and then entered a stockroom with the items. Barlan then exited the stockroom with only the inserts of the lotion box in her hand. Barlan then also conducted a return of a $1,200 bracelet from a relative. She placed the bracelet toward the back of the counter at the register. About three hours later, she placed an article of clothing near the bracelet and once again entered the stockroom with the items. Another employee then found the bracelet in Barlan's employee mailbox. Barlan was later informed she was needed in the store's administrative office. Barlan was observed stepping behind a register, removing an item from her pocket and dropping it on the floor. All the activities were caught on video. Barlan was arrested. Barlan told police he did not steal anything because she never left the store with any of the items.
• Someone broke a second-floor window on a home in the 600 block of Kenilworth Avenue at 9:21 p.m. Saturday, according to a police report.
• Someone cut the outside phone line wires at a home in the 0-99 block of Juli Court at about 9 p.m. Sept. 21, police said.
• A burglar broke a window to enter a residence in the 500 block of North Washington Street, it was reported at 3:05 p.m. Sunday, police said. Nothing was taken.
• A miter saw was stolen out of an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Hamlet Street, it was reported at 7:15 a.m. Saturday, police said.
• Daniel S. Booth, 26, of the 600 block of Westgate Drive, Aurora, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis at 3:28 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Madison Street, according to a police report. Police said they were investigating a disturbance when Booth, one of the participants, threw something away.
• Four picnic benches were broken at Walnut Park, 600 Walnut St., it was reported Friday, police said.
• A 22-month-old child was found alone in a parking lot in the 1100 block of Lorlyn Circle at 1:10 p.m. Friday, police said. The father was eventually found. It turned out the child had crawled out of an open window at home. The incident was reported to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
• A chain saw, a grinder and a torch were stolen from Kozak Custom Landscaping, 701 First St., it was reported at 12:53 p.m. Thursday, police said.