• Lamont C. Bays, 47, of the 0-100 block of East Tennessee Avenue, Clarendon Hills, was arrested around 9:35 a.m. May 25 and charged with retail theft. Reports said he took a computer router valued at $140 from Office Depot, 392 E. Rand Road, and ran from the store. Officers found him at a pay phone outside a Citgo gas station, 1800 N. Arlington Heights Road. He was also wanted on a warrant out of Cook County. His court date is July 7.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole an unlocked gray bicycle valued at $500 on the 1600 block of North Yale between 8:15 and 9:45 p.m. May 25.
• A man stole a miter saw valued at $150 from a driveway on the 1500 block of North Kennicott between 1 and 1:30 p.m. May 25. The victim was using the saw; he put it down and went into his house. A neighbor saw a man driving an older model Ford Mustang stop in front of the victim's house and get out of the car.
• Thieves stole an unlocked blue bicycle in a hallway outside an apartment on the 100 block of South Dryden between 5 p.m. and midnight May 20. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals damaged two mailboxes on the 2500 block of North Jade Avenue and 2200 block of Ashbury Court between b: 30 and 8 a.m. May 26. Damage was estimated at $350.
• A resident said her 26-year-old son transferred $2,376 from a money-market account to a cell phone provider and used a credit card to make $276 in charges between April 6 and May 25.
• An employee of Michael Thomas Salon, 346 W. Half Day Road, said her cell phone was taken from her purse, which was located at her work station about 5 p.m. May 25.
Illegal Consumption of Alcohol by Minors/Contributing to the Delinquency of Minors • Police responding to a complainant of a group of five subjects drinking alcohol in the common area of an apartment complex in the 200 block of Old Oak Court West about 7 p.m. May 26 made the following arrests: Leon Spektor, 30, of the 700 block of Rivermill Parkway, Wheeling, and Igor Royzengurt, over age 21, of the 200 block of Knollwood Lane, Vernon Hills, both on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor; Artem Adamovich, 18, of the 1200 block of Roth Court, Wheeling, on a charge of possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor; and a 17-year-old from Buffalo Grove and a 16-year-old from Wheeling, both on charges of possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• During an estate sale on May 23 in the 400 block of Gardenia Lane, the resident noticed a female subject in an off limits room, going through jewelry. The subject was asked to leave and the resident later found that a diamond ring valued at $3,100 was missing. • Thieves hacked into the phone system at Sports Line Distributors, 1600 Leider Lane, and made calls to Latvia and Zimbabwe between April 26 and May 25. The loss is valued at $805.
• Rogelio Vasquez-Salgado, 46, of the 0-100 block of West Strong Street, Wheeling, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. May 25 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft. Reports said he emptied two bottles of over-the-counter pain pills into his pocket and hid an MP3 player in his pocket. Value was estimated at $71. His court date is June 10.
Elk Grove Village
• Burglars stole computers from three businesses in an industrial area in the early hours of May 16. They broke a front window with a rock at J. Hamilton Electric Co., 11 Jarvis Ave. and stole a laptop computer from a desk for a loss estimated at $1,800. They smashed a window at OTRT Trucking, 1100 Chase Ave., and stole two laptop computers for a loss estimated at $2,000. Burglars broke a window with a large rock at GFI Genfare, 751 Pratt Blvd., and stole a laptop, for a loss estimated at $1,300.
• Thieves stole 16 cell phones delivered to Ceva Logistics, 1850 Arthur Ave., between 6 a.m. May 11 and 11:59 p.m. May 16. Value was estimated at $8,000.
• Burglars stole two carpet rolls out of a trailer in a lot at 750 Lee St. between 1:33 and 5 p.m. May 14. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Jeep Limited and stole a purse and laptop computer between 8:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. May 14. Loss was estimated at $2,420.
• Megan A. Gomez, 25, of the 1000 block of West Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 11:50 p.m. May 13 at her home and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Her court date is June 3.
• Joseph D. Duchinski, 19, of the 500 block of Forest View Avenue, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 7:25 p.m. May 14 on Devon Avenue west of Tonne and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is June 22.
• Anthony A. Cozzi, 20, of the 2100 block of Morris Lane, Glendale Heights, was arrested around 12:20 p.m. May 14 at 801 Meacham Road and charged with retail theft. A court date is June 18.
• James A. Gray, 28, of the 21W500 block of North Avenue, Lombard, was arrested around 11:15 p.m. May 15 on the 1000 block of West Devon Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is June 8.
• Justin S. Jordan, 19, of the 200 block of North Wolf Road, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 10 p.m. May 17 at Redwood Avenue and Redwood Drive and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is June 15.
• Richard J. Alongi, 22, of the 2900 block of North Newland, Chicago, and Adam A. Marano, 24, of the 8000 block of West Grand Avenue, River Grove, were arrested around 12:50 a.m. May 11 on the 300 block of Kent Ave. Alongi was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia; Marano was charged with possession of marijuana. Their court date is June 1.
• Andrew P. West, 21, of the 0-100 block of Forest Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 6:20 a.m. May 20 on the 500 block of Edgewood Lane and charged with criminal damage to property. His court date is June 14.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Mini Cooper on the 500 block of Elk Grove Boulevard and stole a radar detector between midnight and 6 a.m. May 20. Loss was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole diesel fuel valued at $396 out of a 1994 Freightliner tractor at Screamin Eagle Cartage, 1099 Morse Ave., between 4 p.m. May 14 and 6:15 a.m. May 15.
• Thieves pried off and stole six brass plaques (10 inches by14 inches with inscriptions) from concrete boulders at the tee area of holes 3, 5, 11, 15 and 18 on the Mount Prospect Golf Course, 600 S. See-Gwun, between 9:30 p.m. May 24 and 5:30 a.m. May 25. One boulder (brass plate missing) was found outside the course at Lincoln Street and We-Go Trail. Value was estimated at $1,200.
•Thieves stole a 2-foot-tall concrete goose statue wearing a Chicago Cubs uniform from the yard at a home on the 400 block of North Forest around May 23. Value was estimated at $100.
• Fatima S. Ali, 54, of the 500 block of West Dempster Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:15 p.m. May 22 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said she took a dress valued at $66. Her court date is July 1.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and headphones out of a 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor in a driveway on the 1800 block of Boulder Drive between 5 p.m. May 23 and 9:15 a.m. May 24. Value was estimated at $250.
• Burglars stole an in-dash CD stereo valued at $150 out of an unlocked 1995 Ford Taurus in an apartment lot on the 1200 block of North Prairie Brook Drive between 10:30 p.m. May 21 and 10:20 a.m. May 22.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder in an apartment lot on the 700 block of East Constitution Drive between 6 p.m. May 21 and 7 a.m. May 22 and stole a GPS, iPod, and sunglasses. Value was estimated at $748.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Volkswagen Passat in an apartment lot on the 900 block of East Wilmette Road between 10 p.m. May 21 and 8 a.m. May 22 and stole an iPod and golf shoes. Value was estimated at $305. Burglars also broke into a 2008 Nissan Altima on the same block during the same time and stole soccer cleats and shin guards. Value was estimated at $120.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo, socket wrenches, cash, and a car jack out of a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer in an apartment lot on the 700 block of Pennsylvania Avenue between 6 p.m. May 21 and 4 p.m. May 24. Value was estimated at $525.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo valued at $100 out of an unlocked 1999 Dodge SUV on the 1600 block of Waterford Lane between 12:34 and 1:34 p.m. May 24.
• A man stole money, cell phone and CDs out of an unlocked 2001 Ford Windstar van in an apartment lot on the 1200 block of North Wind River Terrace between 11 and 11:15 p.m. May 23. Value was estimated at $200. The victim saw the burglar sitting in the van; he chased the offender but lost him.
• Joseph A. Kurzawski, 18, of the 9200 block of Ashland Avenue, Niles, was arrested about 7:43 p.m. May 16 in a parking lot at 1701 Golf Road and charged with reckless driving and illegal transportation of alcohol by a minor after officers responded to the report of a traffic crash on private property where injuries were involved. Police said the driver was swerving around a speed bump in the parking lot when he lost control of the vehicle, striking a curb, causing the vehicle to flip over onto its roof. The driver and four passengers were taken to the hospital. Kurzawski's next court date is June 21.
• Horacio Lopez, 29, of the 2200 block of Goebbert Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested at 11:44 p.m. May 22 at Mariscos El Bello Mar Restaurant and charged with theft of service. The manager told police Lopez and a male Hispanic, 5-foot-9, 160 pounds, brown eyes, short black hair, wearing a Chicago Blackhawks hat and a Jonathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks jersey, ran up a $65 bill for food and beer, then attempted to leave without paying. An employee detained Lopez until police arrived, reports said. Lopez' next court date is June 21.
• Klaudio Renxa, 18, of the 200 block of North Somerset Lane, Arlington Heights, was arrested about 10 p.m. May 22 in the 1900 block of Plum Grove Road and charged with unlawful possession of cannabis and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. His next court date is June 21.
• Juan M. Gutierrez, 31, of the 2200 block of West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights, was arrested about 3:30 a.m. May 12 at Industrial Avenue and Rohlwing Road and charged with aggravated DUI, no valid driver's license, no proof of insurance and several other traffic violations. Bond set at $20,000 and his next court date is June 3.
•Mario Alberto Lozano, 20, of the 700 block of Salem in Schaumburg, was arrested about 12:45 a.m. May 16 at Keystone Court and Algonquin Road and charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor, no valid driver's license, no proof of insurance and no registration light. His next court date is June 9.
•Mohammed T. Hussain, 21, of the 300 block of Veronica Circle, Bartlett, was arrested at 5:26 p.m. May 18 at Arbor Drive and Algonquin Road and charged with unlawful possession of cannabis, driving while license suspended, no proof of insurance and other traffic violations. His next court date is June 4.
• Manuel Flores, 22, of the 4900 block of Algonquin Parkway, Rolling Meadows, was arrested at 1:35 a.m. May 20 at Weber Drive and Algonquin Parkway and charged with aggravated DUI, no valid driver's license and two other traffic violations. Bond set at $15,000. His next court date is June 15.
• Thieves entered a residence in the 4700 block of Arbor Drive during the day May 16 and removed four gold necklaces, four gold rings, three gold medallions, one gold bracelet, and one gold crucifix, $2,500. The theft took place after the resident was forced to vacate after a fire in the building.
• A thief was observed inside a vehicle in the 4900 block of Weber Drive about 12:30 a.m. May 13, but ran away when confronted. The thief smashed a window, $125 value, in a 2000 blue Dodge Dakota and removed a car stereo, $200 value. The suspect was described as a male Hispanic, 17, 5-foot-5, 155 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
• Vandals smashed the passenger-side window, $150 value, to a 1996 gray Ford Taurus overnight May 12 in the 4700 block of Arbor Drive and ransacked the interior.
• Thieves removed a Nokia cell phone worth $200 from a student's book bag during school hours May 17 at Carl Sandburg Junior High.
• Vandals cracked the windshield, cracked the rearview driver's side mirror, broke the external headlight casings, and removed the hood ornament to a 2002 white Cadillac DeVille the night of May 20 in the 2300 block of Algonquin Road, causing approximately $500 damage.
• William Daddano, 22, of the 0-100 block of Southwicke Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. May 11 at his home and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Reports said he threatened a woman with a 40-caliber pistol. Officers found the pistol and a stun gun in a bedroom.
• Joseph H. Arena, 19, of the 0-100 block of Myrtle Lane, Streamwood, and Tyler L. Oddo, 19, of the 0-100 block of Brookstone Drive, Streamwood, were arrested around 12:50 a.m. May 18 on a golf course at 565 Madison Drive and charged with criminal trespass. Their court date is July 1.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 800 block of Garden Circle between midnight and 7:25 a.m. May 19 and stole the in-dash stereo and an iPod.
• Vandals shattered a driver's-side window and cracked the windshield on a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse on the 100 block of Crestwood between 11:10 and 11:55 p.m. May 18.
• Burglars stole a CD case and flashlight out of an unlocked 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the 0-100 block of Mustang Court between 10 p.m. May 16 and 6 a.m. May 17.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a customer's purse at Jewel-Osco, 217 E. Irving Park Road, between 12:45 and 1:15 p.m. May 19. Value was estimated at $40.