A malfunctioning fireplace resulted in a fire that caused $25,000 damage Sunday at an Aurora home, fire officials said.
Aurora firefighters were called about 5:30 p.m. to a home on the 1700 block of Garfield Avenue on the city's west side for an attic fire.
Contact information ( * required )
The fire was contained to the attic, although a portion of the roof was damaged. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $20,000 to the home and $5,000 to the contents. The fire was determined to be accidental.