• Fourth Ward Alderman Jo Krieger reported the theft of a PNI Wayfinder V2000 electronic digital compass from her vehicle while it was parked in the 500 block in Jackson Avenue Saturday night, according to police. Krieger walked to her 1999 Mercury the following morning to find her driver's side door unlocked and the compass missing from the windshield. Krieger told police the compass has the appearance of a GPS unit. Krieger was home at the time of the incident but did not hear any disturbance. Police interviewed neighbors to see if they saw or heard anything unusual, but they had no clues to offer.
• Theodore Justin Psichalinos, 50, an area homeless man, was charged Saturday with aggravated assault, obstructing a peace officer, criminal trespass and public drunkenness, according to a police report. Police responded to the 1000 block of Dean Street for a report of an intoxicated man sitting in a resident's front yard and refusing to leave. Psichalinos became increasingly agitated as officers questioned him, eventually threatening to cut an officer's throat and reaching toward his belt. Police wrestled Psichalinos to the ground where he continued to struggle. Once in custody, Psichalinos continued to threaten police officers by telling them he knew martial arts and he "would take care of them."
• Marcel Antonio Reyes, 31, of the 29W400 block of Butternut Lane in Warrenville, was charged Feb. 24 with retail theft, according to a police report. Store security at a Walmart, 150 Smith Road, observed Reyes take a package of pills from a pharmacy department display. Reyes then went to the automotive department and removed a package of spark plugs from a display shelf. He then put both items in a shopping cart and concealed them with a towel. After walking around the store, Reyes put the spark plugs and pills into his pocket. He attempted to leave the store without paying for the items when security stopped him.
• A gold-colored Kate Spade-brand wallet, containing $500 and a Visa debit card was reported stolen at 4:41 p.m. Sunday at Funway Entertainment Center, 1335 S. River St., police said.
• Someone drove off without paying for $38.40 worth of gasoline at 6:31 p.m. Sunday at Mobil, 2074 Main St., police said.
• Someone stole unlisted items from the locked bed of a Ford F150 pickup truck between 6 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Saturday in the 700 block of Lancaster Lane, police said.
• An undetermined amount of merchandise was stolen Feb. 15 from Hollister Co. at Geneva Commons on Randall Road, police said.
• About 50 shirts were stolen off a table near the front entrance of Aeropostale at Geneva Commons on Randall Road around 3:15 p.m. Feb. 20, according to a police report.
• Ryan C. Beebe, 24, of the 900 block of Wood Avenue, was charged with possession of cannabis (fewer than 2.5 grams), possession of drug paraphernalia (a metal pipe) and driving under the influence of drugs, at 8:46 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 1500 block of Fargo Boulevard, according to a police report. He was also given a ticket for failure to notify the owner of an unattended vehicle of damage caused when he hit it, and for improper lane use, police said.