Breaking News Bar
posted: 1/3/2010 12:01 AM

Two firefighters injured in McHenry Co. blaze

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A fire that started in a dryer damaged an Oakwood Hills home Saturday and resulted in minor injuries to two firefighters.

A resident at 13 Lakeshore Drive smelled smoke and called for help about 4:50 p.m. Firefighters found smoke coming from the rear of the two-story home and were advised the fire was in the lower level utility room.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The homeowners and three other family members were able to leave the home safely before firefighters arrived. The fire, which was described as accidental, was extinguished within five minutes. The Fox River Grove and Nunda Rural fire departments provided water tankers at the scene as the home is located in an area without fire hydrants.

Two firefighters from the Cary Fire Protection District were taken in good condition to Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington for evaluation of smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

The fire was contained to the utility room, and the family was able to remain in the house. No damage estimate was available.

Share this page